Adware, Spyware and Scumware warning!

as far as firewalls go, i love zonealarm. i use it currently and it shuts the door on anything foreign unless i want it to come through. at first it can be annoying to set all the programs you want to allow through or stop, but after about a month or so, its awesome.

also, im glad to see that microsoft has finally stood up to the spy/ad/scumware threats. microsoft has said that their anti spy/ad/scum program will be free and a part of the standard updates. i hope that it remains free, because i think the program will rock when version 1.0 comes out. the beta still has some bugs tough, i hear.

no guys, the better is GHOSTSURF 2005 PLATINUM (by Tenebril). It uses a DoD encryption system, hide your real IP gives you a proxy, and that really works; makes a lot stuff i can't detail here cause i can't remember it al
very efficient software !!! especially if you uses to download a huge quantity on Emule and its mods

try it and keep it !

:firedevi:

"bumping" this one to life again now... :)

vBulletin lets me see the user agent of all online members and guests so I check it from time to time to look for "anomalies" etc.. :)

And each time I'm in there I can see at least 2-3 members that has the Adware Funwebproducts and other stuff installed on their computers..

I've tried to PM a few of you about it, but everyday I see new ones so you can go to www.spyber.com to check your own user agents and do a quick Adware/Spyware scan there instead..
There are also links to several free internet security tools there that should take care of the problem for you
(if you have any)

Even the better ones are priced fairly low. I bought Pareto XOFTSPY and programmed it to run every day on my computers. It catches things that Webroot misses at my work computer. These adware programs install themselves and there is no way you can uninstall them without a powerful adware killer. The smarter adware people have bought some of the companies that sell anti adware and when you run it, it installs the adware.

Hi,

Missileer said:
Even the better ones are priced fairly low. I bought Pareto XOFTSPY and programmed it to run every day on my computers. It catches things that Webroot misses at my work computer. These adware programs install themselves and there is no way you can uninstall them without a powerful adware killer. The smarter adware people have bought some of the companies that sell anti adware and when you run it, it installs the adware.

You are Killing Red's Publicity stunt ;) .......... he's just shamelessly trying to Publisize his Software ..... :read: :stupid:

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

You are Killing Red's Publicity stunt ;) .......... he's just shamelessly trying to Publisize his Software ..... :read: :stupid:
*hm, he's onto me now* :evil:
(moves the mouse pointer slowly towards the "ban Swordfish" button)

I just wish I was able to make software like that....
But thanks for the confidence anyway SwordFish. :D

2 of 12 online members did actually have Funwebproducts in their User Agent at the time of this post.. :)

lol
my cousins computer was running slow, so they asked me to have a look at it.
they have been continually downloading mp3s using P2P for years now and haven't actively run thier anti virus, they had no idea what spyware is let alone how to get rid of it.

i installed ad-ware and spybot S&D, between them they picked up over 250 bits of spyware etc before something happened and the computer crashed :(

Last edited:
Locke said:
i installed ad-ware and spybot S&D, between them they picked up over bits of spyware etc before something happened and the computer crashed :(
You should download and update the programs, then restart windows in safe-mode before you run the programs.
And don't run them both at once, that will crash the PC.

Hijackthis is also great for removing running spy/adware programs.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/
Can us this online tool to analyze the logfiles, but don't delete anything unless you're 100% sure what you're doing.. ;)
http://www.hijackthis.de/index.php

SwordFish_13 said:
Hi,

**SwordFish Points People towards his Signature :cool:
It's actully one of the better signatures I've seen.. :lol:
You should add a firewall and Spybot there as well, and it would be pretty much be a complete free security package.. :)

Hi,

Redleg said:
It's actully one of the better signatures I've seen.. :lol:
You should add a firewall and Spybot there as well, and it would be pretty much be a complete free security package.. :)
I don't want to get into a Debate But , I don't recomment a Firewall for Ordinary home Users .....( we had many flame wars on the Issue at antionline about issue and the threads streched to hundred of pages ;) )...... and i have a Issue with Spybot , Even after my repeted Telling them about Bugs they failed to give a responce and the bugs were even present in the furthur releases :bang: .......... they did nothign about them .

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
SwordFish_13 said:
and i have a Issue with Spybot , Even after my repeted Telling them about Bugs they failed to give a responce and the bugs were even present in the furthur releases :bang: .......... they did nothign about them
Hm, that's not good..
I use Ad-aware, Spybot, MS-antispyware and Hijackthis when I "de-bug" computers for friends..
None of them manages to get everything, but together (used one at the time...) they seem to clean most of the crap away..

And I kind of agree with you on the firewall...
At least you need to know what you're doing with it, and never use more than one at a time (many people actually do that...).. :)

Hi,

And I kind of agree with you on the firewall...
At least you need to know what you're doing with it, and never use more than one at a time (many people actually do that...).. :)

Ya people can never properly Configure them , No updates , Nothign and then it becomes one more Software with Bugs and Security Holes to attack to ......... It dosen't serve any purpose.

Hijackthis yet Another Tool Not for Novice Users ....... My Signature is For Ordinary Novice uses :pirate2: ............ It has all they Need for their PC security .:pirate2:

Stop Using Crap IE and Autometacally the Adwares , Spyware and Browser Hijack problem resolved to a great extent.

One Spyware Remover i like AD-Aware Better than anyone else...... Yes it dosen't remove all of them But still .

AVG Free Edition Is the best Antivirus at that Price .......... Try beating that price tag $0.0 ;)

And I prefer Housecall Online Scan to Anyother Antivirus Scan ...... Only Problem you have to be Online to get that ........... But it has Found More things than any other AV for me.

Peace
-=SF_13=-

SwordFish_13 said:
...... Only Problem you have to be Online to get that ........... But it has Found More things than any other AV for me.
staying online is probably the single biggest security risk of them all..
So in order to be as close to 100% secure as possible it's probably best to move to a remote location without any phone and broadband lines at all.. :)

Redleg said:
You should download and update the programs, then restart windows in safe-mode before you run the programs.
And don't run them both at once, that will crash the PC.

Hijackthis is also great for removing running spy/adware programs.
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/
Can us this online tool to analyze the logfiles, but don't delete anything unless you're 100% sure what you're doing.. ;)
http://www.hijackthis.de/index.php

yeah cheers
im "getting" their computer next week for a couple of days to try and fix it all.

my planned attack:
(dont have computer connecter to internet, im downloading all relevant updates onto USBkey from my computer then installing them)
Windows - Disk Cleanup
Windows - Disk Defragmenter
AVG AntiVirus
Spybot S&D
Adaware
Norton - Speed Disk
Norton - Disk Doctor
Norton - Windows Doctor
Hijackthis

i have used this forum in the past, what you do is post the HJT log and they advise you as to what you should get rid of and the steps necessary to do this. its a great forum

its probably overkill but that should fix everything up short of formatting the hard drive

Damn damn damn, I have picked up a very hateful adware programme that lavasoft's adaware is not getting rid of. I am running Mozilla and even have the Adblock add-on... I am still getting hammered with windows opening for all kinds of crap from real estate to ipod crap.

HELP!!?

Back