Advice on joining military

Americanboy455

I'm looking for some suggestions and advice please. I want to serve my country and I know the best way to help and the only way i would feel as though i am helping is by serving our military so i can be next to any of my brothers and sisters that are willing to put it all out there for us (thank you guys). However here is my situation. When i was 17 i tried to enlist in the marines, scored a 94 on the ASVAB and physical tests are passed with ease. I origonally got passed medically and before i went to swear in i got called back to the examiner and was dq'd for having too many moles. I tried to get a waiver and have went to every branch of service, i even wrote to secretary of defense and president and recieved letters back from office of secretary of defense. No luck. I know that i am supposed to be serving my country in some way if anyone has advice or alternative options please help me out! Thank you.

I'm looking for some suggestions and advice please. I want to serve my country and I know the best way to help and the only way i would feel as though i am helping is by serving our military so i can be next to any of my brothers and sisters that are willing to put it all out there for us (thank you guys). However here is my situation. When i was 17 i tried to enlist in the marines, scored a 94 on the ASVAB and physical tests are passed with ease. I origonally got passed medically and before i went to swear in i got called back to the examiner and was dq'd for having too many moles. I tried to get a waiver and have went to every branch of service, i even wrote to secretary of defense and president and recieved letters back from office of secretary of defense. No luck. I know that i am supposed to be serving my country in some way if anyone has advice or alternative options please help me out! Thank you.

To have a lot of moles increases the risk for skin cancer, especially if you are exposed to the UV rays and you will be exposed to a lot of UV rays when you are in the military. You can contact a dermatologist at your hospital and hear what they say about your moles and military service. I think they will say the military doesn't want to take a chance with you and your moles. There are other professions in which you can protect the US and staying indoors doing other things.

You said 17 in a past tense so I assume you are older now, how old are you? Maybe you should consider an academic career instead of a military one.

Back