Boots

July 9th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Carry On My Wayward Son

Nuff said.
July 9th, 2007  
deerslayer

I was raised on this music, man.

Anyone have any suggestions for actually pulling this off?

Aside from the requisite beer and boudin?
July 9th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Specifics?

Well, where are you playing?
--
Boots
July 9th, 2007  
deerslayer

already got the spot picked out. My place would be a good bet, but the parents would kill me and my brother if we did it. So, one of the other guitarists (we wanted a triple-guitar effect) that we fish and duck hunt with basically has an open-door policy at his place. There's a good setup there and the acoustics are good, from experience. Not my first rodeo at this place.
July 9th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Is it going to be a surprise concert, or just a welcome home?
July 9th, 2007  
deerslayer

surprise/welcome home type thing.

We're opening with "Electric Rodeo" by Shooter Jennings, with some altered lyrics. "It's been sixteen weeks since he's been back home..."
July 9th, 2007  
major liability

This thread has turned me on to some good music. Thanks!
July 14th, 2007  
deerslayer

I've got 3,070 songs on my iPod. I'll put money on me finding something ya like, but I prefer to handle that through PMs.

The place where we're doing this is about a half mile from my place, but how are we gonna spirit him away for this? Moreover, how will I resist the temptation to personally put a beer in this man's hand when he's supposed to be blissfully unaware of what we're doing?

I've been talking to my brother's girlfriend and our buddies that play guitar; we're going to be overrun with drunk bluesmen before the night's out. Any advice on actually pulling this off? We know what music the man likes.
July 14th, 2007  
Rob Henderson

Just get out there and do it... Tell him yall are meeting some friends down there and go.
July 14th, 2007  
deerslayer

I got in touch with his girlfriend and the trio of guitar players who own the house, and they'll try to get something together. So at best it looks like we have three guitarists and a bassist, a keyboardist if we need it (I play the piano and the guitar). It's looking pretty good.