Adhd

I stand corrected, of course now I am wondering what it is that I have since they keep changing the classification.

I went and looked it up. I haven't seen a doctor about this in years. ADD is Attention Deficit Disorder and ADHD is Attention Deficit-Hyperactive Disorder. Apparently ADHD is a subclassification of ADD as both groups have trouble with attention but not all are hyperactive.

The more things are explained the less I understand them.
:roll:

Last edited:
bulldogg said:
I stand corrected, of course now I am wondering what it is that I have since they keep changing the classification.

I went and looked it up. I haven't seen a doctor about this in years. ADD is Attention Deficit Disorder and ADHD is Attention Deficit-Hyperactive Disorder. Apparently ADHD is a subclassification of ADD as both groups have trouble with attention but not all are hyperactive.

The more things are explained the less I understand them.
:roll:

ADHD doesn't describe the type that you would have. It, like "ADD" is a generic term. There are three types of ADHD (ADD). Inattentive, Hyperactive - Impulsive Type, and combined.

So, now the DSM classifies ADD w/o hyperactivity as ADHD - inatentive type.

Exactly why they did it, I don't know or fully understand, but apparently it makes it easier for the head shrinkers and GPs to classify.

Cheers PJ, I'm glad one of us has up to date classifications as it is obviously not I. I am glad I don't have to see a doc about this anymore. :roll:

bulldogg said:
Cheers PJ, I'm glad one of us has up to date classifications as it is obviously not I. I am glad I don't have to see a doc about this anymore. :roll:

Yeah, they tend to enjoy making things as complicated as possible sometimes, it seems.

Back