ADF medical Q before assessment

Axon

Hi all,
i have an assessment in a few weeks where i am applying to join as a psychologist in the Australian Army. However, years ago i worked on a fast moving & repetetive production line where the joints in my bones have not been the same since. For example, i can crack my toes, ankles, knees, elbows, wrist & a few others. I can function normally & have had jobs since where hard labour was involved & my joints caused no discomfort or pain at all.

In your opinions, will my joints cracking adversely effect my application, if so, is there anything i can/should be doing

any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Do you have any other problems at all? I don't know the ADF requirements, but from a medical standpoint, if all you have is cracking joints, you're fine (medically). It's pretty common and unless there is a history of injury or you have other problems (ie pain when you crack your knuckles, wrists, etc) then it isn't a big deal at all.

Axon said:
No i do not have any other problems, no pain at all

I can't speak on ADF requirements, but from a medical/health standpoint you're fine since it's just the popping then. I'm sure one of our Aussies will be along shortly to speak on the ADF requirements and little hiccups that can happen along the dreaded military entrance processing.

(*ahem* Aussies, that's your cue, put the beers down :mrgreen: )

It would probably be best to bring it to their attention, rather then try and hide it. They might not care, or they may want you to get a letter from you GP or a Spec. Either way doing that is much better then them finding outlater that you tried to hide something from them.

My advice, ring your recruiter, they will sort you out.

Nah no problems. My knees make the worst crunching noise you could imagine when I stand up (from years of crashing motorbikes), but I got in, the doc said it was nothing to worry about and perfectly natural.... as long as it doesn't hurt.

ok, thanks for the replies, ive got a few weeks until i find out & will let you know

cheers

Back