ACU - UCP-Delta

Mimmo 11/96

I am looking for a M-R or L-R uniform ACU in UCP-delta camo.

The UPC-Delta camouflage was an experimental pattern developed be PEO Soldier and tested in Afghanistan but the army decided to use the MultiCam pattern instead. The pattern, however, was only produced in small quantities by the army itself for testing purposes and was not made available to uniform manufacturers.
As a result, the only uniforms using that pattern are in the possession of the army.

I think it will be very difficult for me to find a sample of that uniform... Anybody can help me???

Anyone who was issued a set for testing will have to turn it back in at a certain time. You will probably never be able to get your hands on a set.

In all probabaility, it will go onto someone's CIF hand reciept. For certain, the hat(s) will not have to be turned in. An obsolete uniform? Probably not either. When the DCU was discontinued, I didnt have to turn mine in.

In all probabaility, it will go onto someone's CIF hand reciept. For certain, the hat(s) will not have to be turned in. An obsolete uniform? Probably not either. When the DCU was discontinued, I didnt have to turn mine in.

The difference that I see is that it was a test uniform rather than a standard issue item - but I'm sure you have a lot more expertise than I do.

Sorry for the dead thread resurrection, but they are out there, just rare as rocking horse poo -- I know of 4 sets in particular. 3 are in the hands of collectors, and one is currently trying to get sold on eBay. Last I checked, the price was a very modest $4995.99! :lol:

Wow, I wish I knew they went for that much. I saw someone wearing them in the field last month (and thought of this thread) The fellow wearing them was tall/thin otherwise he might have had a laundry bag disappear.

Another variant you might find interesting is the experimental version of the ACU. I hadn't realized there were differences until I re classed in Feb of this year and saw an instructor wearing a set. The wrist cuffs had snaps rather then Velcro and I think there was something different about the cargo pockets. The guy also showed me where the manufacturer's label had experimental stamped in red on it.

Semi-related note, I wonder if anyone out there ever got their hands on the short lived USMC Urban MARPAT Cammies.

ACU Delta

Mimmo 11/96,

I have an extra set from an OEF rotation. Send me your contact info if you're interested.

Back