Actress Diaz Apologises for Mao Bag - Page 3

--
Actress Diaz Apologises for Mao Bag

June 27th, 2007  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I'd like to see her in any T-shirt, preferably a wet one.

I second the motion.
June 27th, 2007  
weed

The People's Cube has a good T-shirt
June 27th, 2007  
Marinerhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Once again, political correctness is making stories where there are none. She's carrying a bag around with some Chinese characters on them, Whoopity do!
You don't see me beating people wearing a shirt with a British flag on it or cursing at someone wearing a t-shirt that says "Praise Allah!" on it yet those could also invoke 'painful memories' of past events. Water off a duck's back, water under the bridge, water <adjective> <noun>. Get over it and ***** about something that is truly wrong.
I have to agree with Damien here. It was a bad point in history. Get over it. If I asked or expected someone to apologize for doing, saying or wearing/using something that gave me bad memories I would have at least one apology per day.

This is like me saying that Pearl Harbor/Vietnam/Somalia gives me bad memories. Heck I wasn't even alive for one and for the others I was too young or wasn't involved personally.

Her apologizing for having an item that she bought with her own money for her own purposes that does nothing but perhaps offend some people's sensibilities is outrageous.

My questions is this: Did it really offend the persons in question or is it just another way to point fingers at Americans?

I see things that offend me all the time or think are inappropriate in a public venue. I do not question that person or ask them to apologize.
--
June 29th, 2007  
pixiedustboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
I see the same thing all over the USA with idiots wearing those Che Guevara T-Shirts. Che Guevara is a painful reminder of the communist government of Cuba and many other Latin American Nations.
*Whines* But they are sooo cute.

How great is that, one woman was able to offend an entire nation without even opening her mouth.
June 29th, 2007  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedustboo
*Whines* But they are sooo cute.

How great is that, one woman was able to offend an entire nation without even opening her mouth.
FIRE IN THE HOLE!

Quote:
THE REAL CHE GUEVARA
"Crazy with fury I will stain my rifle red while slaughtering any enemy that falls in my hands! My nostrils dilate
while savoring the acrid odor of gunpowder and blood. With the deaths of my enemies I prepare my being for
the sacred fight and join the triumphant proletariat with a bestial howl!"
"Hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his
natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine. This is
what our soldiers must become … " Che Guevara
Quote:
14 executed by Che in the Sierra Maestra during the anti-Batista guerrilla struggle (1957-1958):
1. ARISTIDIO
2. MANUEL CAPITÁN
3. JUAN CHANG
4. “BISCO” ECHEVARRÍA
5. ECHEVARRÍA BROTHER #1
6. ECHEVARRÍA BROTHER #2
7. EUTIMIO GUERRA
8. DIONISIO LEBRIGIO
9. JUAN LEBRIGIO
10. “EL NEGRO” NÁPOLES
11. “CHICHO” OSORIO
12. ONE UNIDENTIFIED TEACHER (“EL MAESTRO)
13.-14. 2 UNIDENTIFIED PEASANTS

10 executed in Santa Clara at Che’s orders in only two days (January 1959):
1. RAMÓN ALBA
2. JOSÉ BARROSO
3. JOAQUÍN CASILLAS
4. FÉLIX CRUZ
5. ALEJANDRO GARCÍA OLAYÓN
6. HÉCTOR MIRABAL
7. J. MIRABAL
8. FÉLIX MONTANO
9. CORNELIO ROJAS
10. VILALLA
http://therealcuba.com/MurderedbyChe.htm
June 29th, 2007  
bulldogg

Quote:
156 executed at La Cabaña Fortress prison at Che Guevara’s orders:
1. VILAU ABREU
2. HUMBERTO AGUIAR
3. GERMÁN AGUIRRE
4. PELAYO ALAYÓN
5. JOSÉ LUIS ALFARO
6. PEDRO ALFARO
7. MARIANO ALONSO
8. JOSÉ ALVARO
9. ANIELLA
10. MARIO ARES POLO
11. JOSÉ RAMÓN BACALLAO
12. CEVERINO BARRIOS
13. EUGENIO BÉCQUER
14. FRANCISCO BÉCQUER
15. RAMÓN BISCET
16. ROBERTO CALZADILLA
17. EUFEMIO CANO
18. JUAN CAPOTE FIALLO
19. ANTONIO CARRALERO
20. GERTRUDIS CASTELLANOS
21. JOSÉ CASTAÑO QUEVEDO
22. RAÚL CASTAÑO
23. EUFEMIO CHALA
24. JOSÉ CHAMACE
25. JOSÉ CHAMIZO
26. RAÚL CLAUSELL
27. ÁNGEL CLAUSELL
28. DEMETRIO CLAUSELL
29. JOSÉ CLAUSELL
30. ELOY CONTRERAS
31. ALBERTO CORBO
32. EMILIO CRUZ
33. JUAN FELIPE CRUZ
34. ORESTES CRUZ
35. HUMBERTO CUEVAS
36. CUNY
37. ANTONIO DE BECHE
38. MATEO DELGADO
39. ARMANDO DELGADO
40. RAMÓN DESPAIGNE
41. JOSÉ DÍAZ CABEZAS
42. ANTONIO DUARTE
43. RAMÓN FERNÁNDEZ OJEDA
44. RUDY FERNÁNDEZ
45. FERRÁN ALFONSO
46. SALVADOR FERRERO
47. VICTOR FIGUEREDO
48. EDUARDO FORTE
49. UGARDE GALÁN
50. RAFAEL GARCÍA MUÑIZ
51. ADALBERTO GARCÍA
52. ALBERTO GARCÍA
53. JACINTO GARCÍA
54. EVELIO GASPAR
55. ARMADA GIL Y DIEZ CABEZAS
56. JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ MALAGÓN
57. EVARISTO GONZÁLEZ
58. EZEQUIEL GONZÁLEZ
59. SECUNDINO GONZÁLEZ
60. RICARDO GRAO
61. BONIFACIO GRASSO
62. RICARDO JOSÉ GRAU
63. OSCAR GUERRA
64. JULIÁN HERNÁNDEZ
65. FRANCISCO HERNÁNDEZ LEYVA
66. ANTONIO HERNÁNDEZ
67. GERARDO HERNÁNDEZ
68. OLEGARIO HERNÁNDEZ
68. SECUNDINO HERNÁNDEZ
70. JESÚS INSUA
71. ENRIQUE IZQUIERDO
72. OSMÍN JORRÍN
73. SILVINO JUNCO
74. ENRIQUE LA ROSA
75. IGNACIO LASAPARLA
76. JESÚS LAZO
77. ARIEL LIMA LAGO
78. RAÚL LÓPEZ VIDAL
79. ARMANDO MAS
80. ENERLIO MATA
81. ELPIDIO MEDEROS
82. JOSÉ MEDINAS
83. JOSÉ MESA
84. FIDEL MESQUÍA
85. JUAN MILIÁN
86. FRANCISCO MIRABAL
87. LUIS MIRABAL
88. ERNESTO MORALES
89. PEDRO MOREJÓN
90. DR. CARLOS MUIÑO, MD.
91. CÉSAR NECOLARDES ROJAS
92. VICTOR NECOLARDES ROJAS
93. JOSÉ NUÑEZ
94. VITERBO O'RREILLY
95. FÉLIX OVIEDO
96. MANUEL PANEQUE
97. PEDRO PEDROSO
98. RAFAEL PEDROSO
99. DIEGO PÉREZ CUESTA
100. JUAN PÉREZ
101. DIEGO PÉREZ CRELA
102. JOSÉ POZO
103. EMILIO PUEBLA
104. ALFREDO PUPO
105. SECUNDINO RAMÍREZ
106. RAMÓN RAMOS
107. PABLO RAVELO
108. RUBÉN REY
109. MARIO RISQUELME
110. FERNANDO RIVERA
111. PABLO RIVERA
112. MANUEL RODRÍGUEZ
113. MARCOS RODRÍGUEZ
114. NEMESIO RODRÍGUEZ
115. PABLO RODRÍGUEZ
116. RICARDO RODRÍGUEZ
117. JOSÉ SALDARA
118. PEDRO SANTANA
119. SERGIO SIERRA
120. JUAN SILVA
121. FAUSTO SILVA
122. ELPIDIO SOLER
123. JESÚS SOSA BLANCO
124. RENATO SOSA
125. SERGIO SOSA
126. PEDRO SOTO
127. OSCAR SUÁREZ
128. RAFAEL TARRAGO
129. TEODORO TELLEZ CISNEROS
130. FRANCISCO TELLEZ
131. JOSÉ TIN
132. FRANCISCO TRAVIESO
133. LEONARDO TRUJILLO
134. TRUJILLO
135. LUPE VALDÉS BARBOSA
136. MARCELINO VALDÉS
137. ANTONIO VALENTÍN
138. MANUEL VÁZQUEZ
139. SERGIO VÁZQUEZ
140. VERDECIA
141. DÁMASO ZAYAS
*15 additional executions were reported by The New York Times (on 2/6/59, 2/8/59, 3/16/59, and 4/2/59),
but names are unknown.
TRUTH RECOVERY ARCHIVE ON CUBA an undertaking of the FREE SOCIETY PROJECT, INC. www.CubaArchive.org
http://therealcuba.com/MurderedbyChe.htm
June 29th, 2007  
bulldogg

Quote:
Few fashion accessories are as ubiquitous on liberal American university campuses as clothing depicting the visage of Ernesto "Che" Guevara, the Argentine-born compa�ero of Cuban despot Fidel Castro. An amusing game would involve counting which items are more commonplace in Harvard Yard-Che t-shirts or iPods.

While Che's chief attraction-his handsomeness-makes for clever merchandizing, the legions who bear his image are often ignorant of a somewhat more salient feature of his persona: Guevara's participation in mass murder and his role as architect of the well-oiled apparatus of state repression that is modern-day Cuba.

Following the collapse of the Batista regime, Guevara served as commander of the La Caba�a prison, where he personally presided over the extrajudicial executions of hundreds-perhaps thousands-of former regime officials and opponents of Castro's dictatorship.

Former dissident Armando Valladares has documented Che's personal involvement in the torture and execution of political prisoners. Lest one dismiss these atrocities as relics of a bygone era, a recent Amnesty International report reminds us that, "Cuban authorities continue to suppress any form of dissent by methods such as harassment, threats, intimidation, detention and long-term imprisonment." In short, the very methods Guevara helped pioneer.

In a July 2005 New Republic essay entitled "The Killing Machine," Alvaro Vargas Llosa offers a chilling description of Guevara's serial bloodletting in the name of communist revolution. Llosa's title is an allusion to Che's famous "Message to the Tricontinental," which contained this charming passage: "Hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine."

Llosa writes, "Che ordered the execution of a couple dozen people in Santa Clara, in central Cuba, where his column had gone as part of a final assault on the island. Some of them were shot in a hotel...among those executed, known as casquitos, were peasants who had joined the army simply to escape unemployment." Guevara later supervised the construction of a constellation of hellish "labor" camps across Cuba, which were used to imprison dissidents and, not long after his death, homosexuals and AIDS patients.
Continued...
http://media.www.ksgcitizen.org/medi...-1014117.shtml