Active Marine Trying to Go Navy EOD

JollyGreenAZ

I'm an avtive duty Marine with 4 years behind me and one left to go, and I was wondering what all i'll have to do to go Navy EOD. I have a DUI conviction, but have taken the steps necessary so it won't be an issue.
I llove the Corps and want to stay in but right now anyone who gets an NJP isn't allowed to re-enlist do to the fact we're overmanned as it is and the career jammers have been told to show no mercy in order to cut our numbers to what they should be.
The recruiters did too good of a job.

Well, the Department of the Navy is well known for giving ****ed up RE codes, so you really need to watch that.

EOD requires a TS/SCI so the DUI might hurt you on that because it's so recent. I'm not saying it WILL, I do know of instances where guys have gotten them with worse but I also know of stories were individuals were denied. And I'm sure more than just a DUI was a factor. Do you have a clearance already?

Basically, the only thing you can do right now is serve out your enlistment. You've got a year left so you never know what might happen. Maybe you can reup for Marine Corps EOD by then but if not, get out and then talk to a Navy recruiter. Everybody needs EOD dudes right now, even AF takes prior service for it so depending on your RE code and ability to obtain a clearance, it shouldn't be a big deal to try for the job.

Back