Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • I'm Trying

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Never

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
No, not on active duty anymore. I have considered going back a few times but that won't happen.

Shadow Hunter said:
I noticed in the age thread 18-21 was the prevalant choice. I think that is a common age of Active Duty people

The 18 - 21 votes are most likely coming from the younger members of the board, those that aren't quite 18, or are 18. To someone 18, anything past 25 seems "old."

And yeah, 18-21 is a common age for active duty. Most people come in at 18, stay 4 years and get out.

As for this poll, I'm in my 30s and active duty, and no, I'm not old!

I am in my 30s and active duty as well. Just wish my body would stop quitting on me lol. Now I am having trouble with my knee. I guess too many "kneejerk" reactions to the stupidity that goes on around me. *groan at the pun*

Marinerhodes said:
I am in my 30s and active duty as well. Just wish my body would stop quitting on me lol. Now I am having trouble with my knee. I guess too many "kneejerk" reactions to the stupidity that goes on around me. *groan at the pun*

Whine, whine, whine. I've been jumping out of planes for near 15 years and you don't hear ME complaining about my knees.

k', I gotta go, I need a hot pack and a few tylenol for my back. :mrgreen:

Pain is the only objective proof you are still alive. That said I feel VERY alive most days.
:)

bulldogg said:
Pain is the only objective proof you are still alive. That said I feel VERY alive most days.
:)

hehehehe...more alive than when u were born eh? bet the mother wouldnt say that...haha...newayz...Im too young to join but I want to go to the National Guard outta high school to pay for college,then go through a few years of active duty as enlisted to get a feel for what enlisted men and women would like to see in an officer, then go to OTS and become one.Sound like a good plan?

PJ24 said:
As for this poll, I'm in my 30s and active duty, and no, I'm not old!
Yep, ditto.

Marinerhodes said:
*groan* I oughta put you in hack for that... :p

Active duty, 51 years old, providing soldiers with the tools to bring "steel rain".

Go Ordnance !

PS Talking about knees and pain, mamma mia !

Well I posted previously in this thread that I won't go back to active duty, but times are changing... Sooooh....

I'm seventeen and have no interest in joining the armed forces. The only cirumstances under which I would join is if there was a direct threat to the United States, not some BS like Iraq.

Well if you ever do join, you won't have the luxury of picking and choosing what you'll fight for and what you won't. So, unless you can do that, I'd suggest you opt for other career choices. Besides if the military really needs you, they'll let you know and you won't have to "join".

Last edited:
Back