Action on Zimbabwe

Zort Boy

Ignoring all political considerations how easy would it be to invade Zimbabwe and get rid of the current dictatorship?

Being a land locked country you would require one of its neighbours to allow passage through their territory but other than that I seriously doubt that the Zimbabwean military is much of a threat.

Probably the only other question is who would do it as few nations have the logistical capacity to carry out such an operation.

Ignoring all political considerations how easy would it be to invade Zimbabwe and get rid of the current dictatorship?
Great, get rid of another dictatorship- i'm with you... but only for the one-week war.. the 50 years of peace keeping is your job :m16:

It seems, according to recent news reports, that plans are already under consideration. The same reports describe it as a very complicated project, and one in which, for obvious reasons, Britain would have to take a very minor role.

In the face of the shameful, horrendous situation in Zimbadwe, uproar ensured on the world stage, and the following statements were issued re. Mugabe:-

UN - ' We told him straight...it's unacceptable behaviour! we said.'

African Nations - 'We said 'tut-tut' several times.'

EU - 'You've been very naughty ! we scolded.'

Commonwealth Countries - 'Who fancies a nice cup of tea.'

Last edited:
There is only one victory: That of utter destruction of your enemy.

Political considerations aside (per your request), a fast-strike hammer and anvil attack would be in order, forcing their retreating forces to the North West territory where open land would allow our mobility and technology to completely eliminate all opposition. None of the nonsense we face in Iraq, just leave the FOB and kill everything in front of you with any weapon that isn't on your side.

We'd need to establish FOBs in other providences, of course, so politics have to play a part in it.

But if you cut the ties that bind the hands our military forces face now, we'd clean house with few casualties, most likely no armor and air losses, and do it rather cheaply. Pissant little dictatorship they are, they remind me of a guy that beats his woman: Tough until a real man gets there, then he just gets handed his butt in a sling.

In truth, there is no military that could defend against the US military if we didn't have the feel-good liberal civilian wimps crying foul and getting our brothers and sisters killed because the facts of warfare escape their incessant need for some silly sense of "fair play." Remove the weakest link, you strengthen the chain. Or, in this case, return the chain to its full integrity.

But, hey, why do that when we can all play X-Box and watch YouTube videos of one soldier holding a bottle of water as some kid chases his vehicle, calling war "brutal."

Clowns have no clue, and never will.

Superior firepower, superior battlefield intelligence, superior training. MOBILITY!

Or superior patience....since a major part of the armed forces in Zimbabwe has contracted HIV and will most likely die of AIDS within 10 years...

No need for superior firepower, the trick is straight shooting.
One well aimed 7.62 is far more efficient than a whole AK47 magazine sprayed into the bushes.

For the rest of it, I agree.

We know what they have, and what they did with it 30 years ago.
But most of the veterans who fought in the bush back then are dead and gone, so most of the troops today have little other experience than shooting against unarmed civilians.
The trick is to deny them any strongholds and to avoid being overrunned by the masses, mobility is the keyword here.

For the 50 years of peace afterwards, we can always dream, but that is something that the majority of the people down there has to figure out by themselves.

And communication. But I think artillery and air strikes would be a major plus if you're outnumbered pretty badly as you would find yourself over there.
One Ak47 spraying into the bushes may not be a huge problem but a hundred AK47s spraying into the bushes is still going to hit something regardless.

Is anything at all done without communication today? :)

Rolling in heavy artillery and armour would be a demanding task, som AFV and APC's would be nice, but well performed air-strikes will probably be of much more value if mobility is the clue.

Choppers and gunships would be the ultimate dream in that scenario.

As for the 100 AK's spraying into the bush, just make sure there's nothig that can be hit in that particular part of the bush, mobility. :thumb:

Supplies will become a problem, so it's better to keep the need for massive logistics at a low level.

You'll need a base of operations anyway. One artillery battery of light 105s would be a lot better than nothing for a quick response strike and base defense and they'll be a lot easier to haul over than gunships, especially if you consider the spare parts and logistics involved with that as well.
I guess it'll all depend on what we got.

Personally I think this matter should be left to the African Nations to sort out, If any European Country or America get involved then all the egg heads will be jumping up and down slagging them all off. Now this problem is in a landlocked country surround by Mugabe's friends so let them sort it out for a change, if they don't it will spill over into their countries

and I think it is up to the people of Zimbabwe. They are the masters of their land as well as people of Lithuania - of Lithuania and so on. Dictatorship means usurping nation's right to rule and to decide what is bad and what is good.
There is a kind of organization of African states - maybe it is high time for them to interfere? Or neighbours at last. As it was said - intervention from West would result in one common enemy both for Mugabe and his oponents.
The best think is to not interfere, just give diplomatic support to their opposition, blockade their government and wait.:camo:

Some HUMINT and a two man sniper Team.

If the locals really don´t like the dude they will rally behind someone else at the end of the week.

//KJ.

Back