It it an act of terror - 9/11 attack on Pentagon - Page 2

View Poll Results :9/11 attack on the Pentagon was act of terrorism?
YES 13 72.22%
NO 3 16.67%
Neither YES or NO 2 11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 14th, 2005  
Darcia

But the civilians alaos took the power of the military in that they fought against the terrorist.
June 14th, 2005  
SHERMAN

self defence is not a military action.
June 14th, 2005  
CABAL

Good to see you again Sherman. It's been a while.

Although I partially don't agree on you on the issue that an act of self defense is not an military action. Any action that requires the usage of the military is considered a military action.

But if self defense is comitted by militant groups through arms, that's a seperate issue.
--
Boots
June 14th, 2005  
SHERMAN

I did not mean self defense by the military force. What I meant is that civilians defending their lives from terrorists are not commiting a military action, and are not combatents.
June 14th, 2005  
CABAL

Sorry if I misunderstood you. but thanks for elaborating on that.
June 14th, 2005  
Whispering Death

It was a terrorist attack because the aim of the pentagon strike was not to decapitate the US Army leadership but rather to terrorise the American populace by saying "Your generals can not defend themselves, much less the American people"
June 23rd, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Topic: Re: It it an act of terror - 9/11 attack on Pentagon

Crashing a plane full of unarmed civilians is an act of terrorism. Crashing it into the Pentagon does not make it "more terroristic" since it's a military structure.
June 23rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I say yes

The target itself was indeed a military target. People working in the Pentagon assume the roll as being a fat juicy target for any enemy of the United States.

Using a civilian plane filled with civilians definately made that attack an act of terror. Plane full of Americans flying into the Pentagon = more infedels killed.
June 24th, 2005  
Charge 7

Even if you can accept the Pentagon as a legitimate military target, or even harder of a stretch, the Al Que'dah as being a legitimate military, you cannot get past the use of a civilian airliner with a planeload of civilians as the weapon. You can't get around that by any stretch of the imagination. That alone makes it an act of terror whether you agree or disagree with the first two cases.
July 1st, 2005  
Italian Guy

Yeah. Act of terror because of the airliner used.