Achtung-Panzer

HokieMSG

I am in the process of reading Achtung Panzer by Heinz Guderian. Anyone else out there read it, if so, what are your impressions?

Achtung, Panzer

I read this book just before my Troop Sgts cse, and despite its age it still came in handy. The tactics from this book (and books by brit's Fuller and Lt Col forty) are the base from which most modern Armd doctrine is taken.

I am in the process of reading Achtung Panzer by Heinz Guderian. Anyone else out there read it, if so, what are your impressions?

I haven't read it in a while but it is an interesting insight into armoured warfare development.

His memoirs called "Panzer Leader" is also worth reading as is "Attacks" by Erwin Rommel.

I have finished all three. Thanks for the information. I'm planning on getting any books by Swinton, if I can find them.

Another book worth reading would be Panzer Commander by Col. Hans Von Luck. He commanded the 21st Panzer Regiment in Normandy and other various actions. Very good tactian and commander.

Achtung Panzer is a very interesting premonition of the armored tactics which came to employed in the second world war. Another book entitled Guderian: Creator of the Blitzkrieg by Kenneth Macksey covers the actual campaigns of the war. Very informative with nice illustrations.

Back