Acer Acerpori

SmithC

Hello everyone, unlike a lot of you, I'm a cadet. A Royal Canadian Army Cadet. For some reason I've always felt like other jobs would be not up to standards like jobs in the military. I just could not see myself stuck behind some desk or any other regular civilian job out there. This was confirmed when I first joined army cadets and was sent off for two weeks to Camp Blackdown in a base called CFB Borden. I enjoyed my time there developing leadership skills a step further.

This year I'm going for six weeks (my whole summer basically) to go on a course called Cadet Leader Marksmanship course. I realize now however, that my calling is more likely to be Map and compass, as this comes so naturally to me. Despite the fact that I have qualified for the marksmanship level of Expert Marksman.

Anyways... I belong to the 1626 West Lincoln Royal Canadian Army Cadet Corps as a Cadet Master Corporal. I currently hold no position like platoon commander YET, but with a cadet or two leaving from those positions for good, I might get my chance soon enough (although I will miss them a lot as Cadets is the only time I ever see them).

What I'm hoping to do is get into the reserves when I'm sixteen, do militia co-op and when I graduate from my high school, I'll hopefully get into Officer School and graduate from there. I haven't thought of what I want to be in terms of.. Specialty (communications, artillery... is what I mean) I'm leaning towards being in the Military Police but if any of you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Back