academy question

DerK

are you allowed to be married while at a US military academy? someone asked me this the other day and i didnt know the answer. help is appreciated!

what about before entering or after graduation

Yes, of course they can, then. Just not while in the Academy itself. Assuming you are asking about the USA Armed Forces, of course. I wouldn't have a clue as to any other country's requirements/limitations/rules.

Yes, of course they can, then. Just not while in the Academy itself. Assuming you are asking about the USA Armed Forces, of course. I wouldn't have a clue as to any other country's requirements/limitations/rules.

actually iv been doing some research and according the USNA site you must be unmarried in order to be eligible for admissions

actually iv been doing some research and according the USNA site you must be unmarried in order to be eligible for admissions

Really? Wow. WTF!

Preggers, of course. But just about every officer I've ever known had a solid squeeze he bought a ring for. I don't see how that would affect the Academy or, more to the point, his duty station afterward.

Doesn't the Navy still do accompanied/unaccompanied like the Army?

Interesting. Will ask my Navy friend about this...

Really? Wow. WTF!

Preggers, of course. But just about every officer I've ever known had a solid squeeze he bought a ring for. I don't see how that would affect the Academy or, more to the point, his duty station afterward.

Doesn't the Navy still do accompanied/unaccompanied like the Army?

Interesting. Will ask my Navy friend about this...

it could have something to do with the pay while at the academy because i think u get certain benefits in the military if you have a spouse so they may want to avoid marriages around the benefits. but idk a lot about it

I called a civilian DOD friend of mine who works with N6S CIV in San Diego, and she asked around to all the officers. They all said that while they'd been out of the academy way too long to swear on anything, they believed that even an existing marriage is not permitted for academy admission due to the rigors of training. Or to that effect, anyway.

Of course, if we all got off our lazy butts and just called a recruiter and asked, we'd know for sure. But talking to her is way more fun...

I called a civilian DOD friend of mine who works with N6S CIV in San Diego, and she asked around to all the officers. They all said that while they'd been out of the academy way too long to swear on anything, they believed that even an existing marriage is not permitted for academy admission due to the rigors of training. Or to that effect, anyway.

Of course, if we all got off our lazy butts and just called a recruiter and asked, we'd know for sure. But talking to her is way more fun...

hahahah agreed

One more time:

Cadets of the USMA, Midshipmen of USCGA, USNA

CANNOT BE MARRIED PRIOR TO ADMISSION,OR DURING ENROLLMENT IN THE USMA, USNA, OR USCGA.

Was my last transmission broken or garbled. Thats how it is and has been it's in the admission standards on all their web sites. But by all means continue what ifn and grab assin. It wasn't that difficult of a question.

No Cadets and Midshipmen cannot be joined in matrimony

i took this as cadets cannot be wed to other cadets. and the same with midshipmen, or a cadet cannot marry a midshipman. unfortunately your post was susceptible to misunderstanding and did me no good, which is why i sought to answer it myself. and did so

i took this as cadets cannot be wed to other cadets. and the same with midshipmen, or a cadet cannot marry a midshipman. unfortunately your post was susceptible to misunderstanding and did me no good, which is why i sought to answer it myself. and did so

Me as well, 03. I'm sorry, but I never saw the post you made earlier - it isn't in this thread.

I admitted we were being lazy. Relax. We were just having fun with it.

03 needs a little more :cowb: and a little less :drill: I think.

:lol:

03 needs a little more :cowb: and a little less :drill: I think.

:lol:

Really? You are supposed be a SGT. Which means you are supposed to freakin know better and check your dope before you spout the hell off.

Or do you only pull that card when it suits your motive Crazy?

What? matrimony means marriage . You want to be an officer and you can't decipher that? Choke yourself high speed.

Really? You are supposed be a SGT. Which means you are supposed to freakin know better and check your dope before you spout the hell off.

Or do you only pull that card when it suits your motive Crazy?

Wow. Relax, bro. I'm sorry I didn't see the post you made in another thread that was somehow related to this one.

Not sure what I did to get under your skin, but chill. I was only poking fun - it's called laughter. Life is too damn short to lack humor. And I know you don't lack it, as I've seen you laugh it up time and again in my 3 years here.

And I wasn't "supposed" to be a Sergeant. According to my DD214, I WAS a Sergeant. That was back in 1993, of course, somewhere between Methuselah and Moses and that whole Red Sea thing. But back when Mechanized Infantry involved hand cranks and Model T's, yeah... my stuff was wired tight.

I'm 39 years old now. I don't have enough years left to live to always be on edge, looking for each and every little thing to research and pick apart. I like to laugh and have fun and enjoy myself. I'm not sure why I just did 10 months in the hospital if my intent was to get out and be miserable.

So relax, hoss. If I've done something to just absolutely require you to take me to task over something this small, PM me the issue and we'll discuss it. because I certainly never meant to!

:sorry:

No. See I'm not going to relax and I'm not going to continue to allow you to call out AD members and vets on their manners., regardless of your vet status.

Google matrimony it means marriage. Command of the English language is a skill of naval officers. Might wanna work on it.

Back