About Jack Murtha's War Hero status

mmarsh said:
Missileer

I never made that claim. Bush was never officially charged with being AWOL. his commanding officier however offers us this tidbit as to why:

"Lechliter said the records push him to conclude that Bush had little interest in fulfilling his obligation, and his superiors preferred to look the other way. Others agree. ''It appears that no one wanted to hold him accountable," said retired Major General Paul A. Weaver Jr., who retired in 2002 as the Pentagon's director of the Air National Guard".

The fact of the matter is this:

"In May 1972, Bush was given permission to move to Alabama temporarily to work on a US Senate campaign, with the provision that he do equivalent training with a unit in Montgomery. But Bush's service records do not show him logging any service in Alabama until October of that year.

And even that service is in doubt. Since the Globe first reported Bush's spotty attendance record in May 2000, no one has come forward with any credible recollection of having witnessed Bush performing guard service in Alabama or after he returned to Houston in 1973. While Bush was in Alabama, he was removed from flight status for failing to take his annual flight physical in July 1972. On May 1, 1973, Bush's superior officers wrote that they could not complete his annual performance review because he had not been observed at the Houston base during the prior 12 months.

This is still 2nd and 3rd hand information from columnists. Yet there is no official record of Bush ever being reprimanded by any of his COs. I can post opinion columnists all day about any and everything. If you can post an Article 15 in his record, then I'll put some credence to your original post, otherwise, all this is hearsay.

I think we've gotten about as far from John Murtha's military record as we can.

Last edited:
Missileer said:
I think we've gotten about as far from John Murtha's military record as we can.
Right!
And any further posts should stick to the subject which is not G W Bush's record or anybody else's. The topic is About Jack Murtha's War Hero status

Last edited:
ASTRALdragon said:
I know this is way off topic, but when did Missileer and tomtom22 make Mod status?! Lol belated-congrats guys!

About a month ago and thanks ASTRALdragon. Go easy on us.:)

Back