Abortion Discussion

Is Abortion Murder?

• Total voters

Tessa

I thought I would open up a poll about this since I have been hearing alot about this lately.

Then again, I have made seperate vote options for the men and for the women.

So you all male types vote on the options that has (Men) in it and the women vote for the option that has (Women) in it.

And if you choose "Other Opinions" please post your thoughts about this and why you chosed "Other Opinions".

I am for abortion, since I believe it's up to every couple to decide wether they want it or not.

But the guy also has the right to decide about it, it's not a one person thing.

It takes two to make it, so it will take two to decide it.

(Except for rape cases where I believe the woman has every right to do an abortion.)

Do you agree/disagree?

nulli secundus said:
according to the law it isnt murder due to the case that it hasnt been born yet. So you cant kill what hasnt lived yet.

It doesnt have to be born, it must be a sertain amount of weeks before its called a baby. ;)

im against abortion,cuz you dont let that kind of mistakes to happen...........and if they do,you live with it or..................you abort

Well, So should women not have sex because of the chances to get pregnant?

A few women do get pregnant even if they're on pills, so what should happen then?

So sex is not something for pleasure and intimacy then? It's just for breeding up your offspring?

SilverPhoenix said:
I am for abortion, since I believe it's up to every couple to decide wether they want it or not.

It’s up to every couple if they want it or not? Now I may be a simple minded person, born and raised in Arkansas, but we had birth control! If a man and women are mature enough to have sex, then they must take the responsibilities that follow! Abortion is not a “get out of jail free” card.

I have a two year old son. I was 21 when I found out. My wife and I weren’t married at the time. Was a scared? You bet I was. I didn’t know how I was going to tell my family back home, let alone hers. We had the choice to abort and get on with our lives as normal, forget the whole thing had ever occurred however, WE took responsibilities for our actions.

We now have another child on the way. Once again, it wasn’t planned. Once again, I stepped up to the plate and was a man about it. Who am I to “legally” kill a child? “But it’s not considered a child until it’s been in the womb for “X” amount of weeks.” That’s the cowards’ way out people! We just saw the first ultrasounds of our baby. At seven weeks, it has a beating heart. Are you telling me it’s not a child? I have news for you, it is! IT’S MY CHILD AND I’M PROUD OF IT!!!

Like everything else in life, there are exceptions. I believe if a woman is rapped, she should be able to abort. God forbid, but if that happened to my wife, I wouldn’t want her to carry that mans baby for nine months. Also, if it can be proven without a doubt, a mother should be able to abort if the baby will cause life-threatening injuries during the pregnancy. NOT FOR BIRTH CONTROL!

Unfortunately, it’s not against the law to kill a child. Until it is, people will continue to abuse the freedoms given to us by our forefathers. Just keep one thing in mind. How worse off would this world be if you mother aborted you, If you didn’t get to make a choice to live or die?

SilverPhoenix said:
Well, So should women not have sex because of the chances to get pregnant?

A few women do get pregnant even if they're on pills, so what should happen then?

So sex is not something for pleasure and intimacy then? It's just for breeding up your offspring?

Have sex if you want and for whatever reason. You’re not stupid. You know what could happen. What you’re saying makes no sense at all.

For example, take riding in a car. (Sex) It’s fun to drive as fast as we can, right? Well, right around the corner you have an accident. Did you have a seatbelt (birth control) on? If you did, then your chances of surviving just increased. (not having a baby) If you didn’t, well, we know the outcome. (having a baby) But why is it they sometimes UNBUCKLE dead bodies? (accident) It's the choice you make BEFORE you drive that car.

Well, FutureOKtrooper, you want it to be legal to abort in case of rape, but not in case of an accidental pregnancy? Then you'll get people saying they've been raped to be allowed to get an abortion. I don't think that'll help.
And what if the mother isn't capable of taking care of the child in one way or another?
I'm not saying that an unborn child doesn't have rights, I'm saying it does.... and so do the parents. It will always be a tense topic... but I voted "no"

I thikn its better to have a child beeing aborted then dumped in a dumpster or anywhere else because the parents arnt able to take care of it.

AlexKall said:
I thikn its better to have a child beeing aborted then dumped in a dumpster or anywhere else because the parents arnt able to take care of it.
Exactly. The lesser of two evils.

About a month ago my classmates and i debated over the case of abortion for weeks on end for a school project. I had to write a paper against abortions because i was a republican. So here it is:

Every single living being should have the equal chance to live a happy and successful life. We, the Republicans, believe abortion should be illegal, however, cases of rape and fatality to the mother are exceptions to our policy. By the time the mother knows of the pregnancy, the embryo has grown into a creature with heartbeats and dream waves. Killing the fetus is murder. The child inside has done nothing to be killed, yet its life is being taken away for the convenience of the mother. Just because the mother does not want to endure the pains of child labor, she in turn chooses to tolerate the pains of abortion. Other problems with the operation includes infections, internal bruising, bleeding, and in some cases death. Further more, the post-abortion syndrome traumatizes the woman for life. Out of the 300,000 women, who had an abortion, 85 percent choose to be pro-life and against abortions. Constantly, these 85percent feel the guilt ending the life of an unborn child. More importantly in the past few years, the rate of abortions is dropping by 5 percent due to the other existing alternatives such as adoption centers.

I voted that Abortion isn't murder (female)

I have no children and have never been pregnant before. Personally I DON'T want to ever have children. If things happened and I became pregnant, I would have and raise the baby.

That being said, it is everyone's choice on whether or not to abort a baby. And yes, especially in cases of rape and health issues other similar cases.... However, there are some women who have three or more abortions, for no reason other than they don't want children. I do think that is most definately wrong.

1217 said:
Well, FutureOKtrooper, you want it to be legal to abort in case of rape, but not in case of an accidental pregnancy? Then you'll get people saying they've been raped to be allowed to get an abortion. I don't think that'll help.
And what if the mother isn't capable of taking care of the child in one way or another?
I'm not saying that an unborn child doesn't have rights, I'm saying it does.... and so do the parents. It will always be a tense topic... but I voted "no"

There are ways to determine if a woman has been raped or not. Yes, I know it isn’t fool proof but what is? No doubt someone will slip through the cracks. As for not being able to raise a child, that’s no excuse. They have programs for people like that, programs that will pay your rent and utilities, food and even car payments while you’re pregnant. When the child is born, you put it up for adoption. Give it to a family that, for some reason or another, can’t have children of their own.

This thread can grow and grow, we can debate for weeks but I will not change my opinion. Abortion should not be used as birth control!

FutureOKtrooper said:
When the child is born, you put it up for adoption. Give it to a family that, for some reason or another, can’t have children of their own.

Unfortunately, with the advent of invitro fertilization, serrogate mothers, and fertility drugs, more and more couples are not going for adoption. Isn't that a shame??

FutureOKtrooper said:
As for not being able to raise a child, that’s no excuse. They have programs for people like that, programs that will pay your rent and utilities, food and even car payments while you’re pregnant.
I said "in one way or another" I didn't only mean financially. People make mistakes, accidents happen. Women can get pregnant even if they are being responsible and using birth control. I really think it's not in the child’s best interest to let them be born while the mother is 16 years old and not capable of raising it on her own. The mother wouldn't be able to go to school anymore, and won't get a chance to make something out of her life, all because of one mistake? Or even worse, because of dumb bad luck?
FutureOKtrooper said:
When the child is born, you put it up for adoption. Give it to a family that, for some reason or another, can’t have children of their own.
Nice thought, but I don't think that's in the child's best interest (or the mother's) to give it up for adoption. There's lots of people trying to help adopted children, and I respect them, but in lots of cases it creates more problems than it solves. Mothers and children get traumatised by this course of action, and in the case of the kids, now there can be no discussion whether they are "human beings" or not. They are and in my opinion you can't just give 'em up for adoption, I think that's worse than abortion for both the mother and the baby in a lot of cases.
Plus what mvilla2426 said:
Unfortunately, with the advent of invitro fertilization, serrogate mothers, and fertility drugs, more and more couples are not going for adoption. Isn't that a shame??
FutureOKtrooper said:
Abortion should not be used as birth control!
I never said it should be used as birth control. In my mind that would mean that people wouldn't use any other way of birth control than abortion, and that will never happen. Abortion is legal here, and that doesn't lead to more pregnancies than before it was legal. Don't forget, abortion is a traumatic experience for all the involved. People that would do it lightly aren't normal and the child is better of aborted in those (few) cases.
FutureOKtrooper said:
This thread can grow and grow, we can debate for weeks but I will not change my opinion.
Everyone has a right to his own opinion, I respect yours, I just don’t share it completely ;)

Marksman said:
Well sperm lybs aint much popular these days, cause of the unpleasent effect that myght ocure
:shock: What "unpleasant effect" are you talking about :?:

abortion discussion

I agree that the couple should have a choice either singularly or collectively, but the choice should be made before pregnancy not after.
I'm against abortion. In this day and age,except in some third world countries, people know about birth control. Don't punish an unborn child because you did the deed but don't like the results.

abortion discussion

I need to add something. I'm against abortion as I said except in cases of rape, incest, and if the health of the mother is at risk. I believe in adoption, both of my kids are adopted. There are a lot of childless couples out there that would love to have a baby.
If we can prosecute an individual for double murder in the death of a mother and her unborn child then I think abortion can be murder. Partial birth abortion IS MURDER! Thanks for listening

Back