Abortion Discussion

Is Abortion Murder?

• Total voters
I thought Jewish people didnt read the bible? Or that they had another holy book.

Acta, it's called the Torah, or as Christians call it the Old Testiment or Hebrew Scripture. Remember, the Christian faith and the Jewish faith are like Brothers, we may grow apart, but we will always share the same roots.

Yes, it is what the chrisians refer to as the Old Testiment and the original as far as I know was in hebrew, so I should say that the correct way to look at it(as far as the 10 commandments in the original, Hebrew text) is Murder. This dosent mean anything though, as you have made clear abortion is murder to you. But, like I said, this is not something that the entire society can agree on, and ACTaFOOL82, dismissing me as a hippie is nice, but seeing as my hair is cut short, I shower daily, never touched MJ, and my main intrests are military history and weapons, I dont see how I am one. As to dodging drafts, well, Im not a US citizen, so I guss I did dodge any possible draft by the US gov. However, I come form a family of proud military service, and I have all intentions to continue. Dont think people are black and white, youll end up underestimating them. ;)

jen. parrabellum wrote in an earlier post that"abortion hurts a lot of folks"

so has the bloody catholic church :(

i personally thing it should be up to the people involved as to wether they chose to have an abortion and i do not think it is murder.

Bush boy. Cmon man, dont talk trash about Catholics, unless you can say it in their face. If you said that too someone in Texas, you would get a good ole fashioned @$$ whoopin. Think about what youre saying, becuz most of the time no one agrees with you. ;)

We beat this topic too death, let it rest in peace. :cowb:

ACTaFOOL82 said:
Bush boy. Cmon man, dont talk trash about Catholics, unless you can say it in their face. If you said that too someone in Texas, you would get a good ole fashioned @$$ whoopin. Think about what youre saying, becuz most of the time no one agrees with you. ;)

We beat this topic too death, let it rest in peace. :cowb:

i doesn't bother me if no one agrees with me im expressing my opinion.
if it wasn't for differing opinions there would be a lot less debate. and as for the texas thing i did when i was there in 1994 backpacking as a 16yr old ;)

and nothing happened :?:
and catholics just like many other religious orginsations are not squeaky clean. churchs and their lack of respect for people that dont share there opinions have caused a lot of pain for a very very long time:)

The topic of abortion will always be a touchy subject because some people see it as murder and some people dont. Everyone has their opinion and that should be respected. To say that something is wrong because of their religious belief is that persons choice.
Me personally see abortion as right I believe it should be up to the woman to decide what happens to their body. I dont believe anyone else should intervene in that. I dont however believe abortion should be used as a form of birth control as some people are seeing it now
These are my opinions feel free to disagree with them all you like it makes no mind to me. You will undoubtedly have your own opinions and I respect that.
This is my deal dont try and force your ideals or opinions on me and I wont do it to you. I think that should apply to everyone on this site it makes sense and its the only way we keep a completely happy harmonious forum

Jay
:p

I think I'll throw my two cents into this ring and see what you guys and gals think. I voted no it is not murder. I have never been through a decision like that so I can not honestly say what my reactions would be. However, being the American I am I appreciate the freedom to choose that option if I so decide. I have always shook my head at those particular groups or people who think their way is the right way and it should be the only way. I geuss we are all guilty of that on some level but that's what the government is for. To second guess everything until it becomes right or in some unfortunate cases wrong. Like Doctor assisted suicide, I can never imagine myself going through with it but hey you never know. America is and always will be about freedom and by goodness would should be able to have the freedom to make the choices we want when we want. If you think it is murder, or unholy etc, ok fine take that into consideration when you make your decision. Remember there is never a wrong decision for you.

How can it be murder is the baby wasnt born yet. They think everything is murder these days.

FAQ said:
How can it be murder is the baby wasnt born yet. They think everything is murder these days.

It doesn't have to be born to be murdered :x Now can we just drop this subject? maybe lock it, it's gone on long enough.

GUNNER

I think it depends.
You are definately killing life.
Just killing because it's inconvenient... that's murder.
But if the baby is obviously BADLY BADLY deformed, I think it would be more like a mercy kill. It's a very tough choice, but come on... are you really willing to bring someone out for a life of hell? Just pure, unending hell?
I think of it a bit like having a guy on fire.. so much that it's hopeless for survival... you shoot him so you end his pain.
It's not a decision to be taken lightly but sometimes I think it just might be the right thing to do.

God alone has the right to determine wether or not a person should die.
If you dont want a kid don't do what it takes to have one. Plain and simple abortion is murder. Just because that child cant defend itself doesnt make abortion okay. Not to be narrow-minded, abortion is wrong no matter what. Abortion is also barbaric, a holocaust, and uncivil. It is painful to the child and can be dangerous to the mother. Many women die each year because of abortion. Those who give answers such as, maybe, it depends, what are the curcumstances?, are wrong. I find it sickening and disgusting that their are people that can be so nice, yet so heartless and cruel. Those who commit abortion SHOULD be ashamed of themselves, just as a murderer or thief should be ashamed of themselve, because thats what abortion is murder, and the taking of something to which one has no right, the life of another human being, a defenceless one at that. People are horified and are angered by stories of women and children being killed in foriegn countries, but many don't think twice about killing their OWN children. That is sinful and it is wrong, and no matter who you are, that is what I will tell you. :evil:

I never agree to complete absolutes. There are always the odd exception... the crazy little situation no one could have ever thought of.

Well here's where it murkey. To call it murder you assume it is murder.
What it definately is, is killing.
Whether it's murder or not depends on the situation. Very much like in life outside the womb.
I gave you the example, you got a guy who's burning like mad and there's really no hope of survival. You shoot him and end the misery. You've killed but you're not a murderer.
You have a very badly deformed baby, probably will have other major problems, both mental and physical, and is bound to be in absolute hell. What do you do?

Obviously just "aborting" a baby because it's inconvenient is absolutely wrong. But if you make this an absolute law, where abortion is illegal under all circumstances you can have serious problems. There must be rules and guidlines, such as perhaps having 3 doctors exam and confirm the baby is in extremely bad shape in order for it to be a legal option.

Hard to detach emotion from it I guess but sometimes, especially when you want to make something a law, you have to shelve it and think about the situation at hand and look from all angles.

the_13th_redneck said:
Obviously just "aborting" a baby because it's inconvenient is absolutely wrong.
This is the case for the VAST majority of circimstances. Whether or not its convenient. Abortion of convenience should be a very serious crime. There are good alternatives.

But if you make this an absolute law, where abortion is illegal under all circumstances you can have serious problems. There must be rules and guidlines, such as perhaps having 3 doctors exam and confirm the baby is in extremely bad shape in order for it to be a legal option.
Well, making that decision marginalizes the people now living with birth defects and their right to have been born. To a point, I can see this point of view being somewhat valid perhaps, but it would be awfully difficult.

Hard to detach emotion from it I guess but sometimes, especially when you want to make something a law, you have to shelve it and think about the situation at hand and look from all angles.
Moral outrage is big in murder cases, but the law examines things from a very logical point of view. I have yet to hear a logical reason that abortion is not at least very close to murder. There are obvious cases where abortion should be considered as an alternative. Just like the use of certain illegal drugs is valid sometimes for medical treatment, there are cases where its justifiable. Those cases are extremely rare.

nobody knows what they would do in the situation unless they were in it, i was totally against abortion until i thought i was pregnant and it was the first thing that came to my mind.

how can a man judge this situation and judge a woman who has an abortion ye will never be physically in this situation its easy for ye to sit there and call us murderers

I know. I cant belive were on at same time. Id go down to you but im on cruhcts!!

To far cause im in the old building!

Look at Beer hehe poll

Back