ABC film on Sept. 11 airs amid criticism (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - ABC aired its miniseries "The Path to 9/11" on Sunday but made editing changes after former Clinton administration officials complained it contained fabricated scenes about their actions prior to the terrorist attacks.

Read more...

ABC should be ashamed of themselves ... in the beginning they described the program as a 'history' program describing the 9/11 attack and the events leading up to it. Then after Clinton raised hell about inaccuracies, they then stated that it was a 'Docudrama" and they had made changes to the script to make the story more entertaining. I didn't have a chance to view the program and am NOT SURE that I would have even IF it were possible.

Bottom line:
IF you are going to base a story on history, then you D*MN sure owe your viewers accuracy in portraying 'recent' historical events. ABC didn't do that, and for that fact alone, they deserved to be castigated by anyone who is interested in accuracy and truth (especially where modern history is concerned). The changes 'appeared' to be a political partisan ploy to paint Clinton in a bad way, and should never have been penned ... for sure, ABC should have removed the inaccurate portions from the show, even before complaints were lodged - they didn't ... and ... for that they ARE at fault, no matter what later changes were made.

Republicans were fast out of the starting blocks, when Reagan was poorly depicted and inaccuracies were part of the story ... where were they this time ... their voices were very muted this time (almost silent).

Oh, the Hypocracy....

Does everyone remember a year or so ago when CBS wanted to run that awful series the REAGANS. The conservatives yelled foul and got the show yanked off the air.

Today we have a Revisionist view of 9-11 which was written by arch-conservatives and a group of evegelical Christian group. The Clinton's, the Clinton Administration, 9-11 Board of Inquiry (bipartisan), the leading top 10 US historians, most film critics who saw it beforehand, the 9-11 families victims (including the widow of a Disney Vice President who was killed on Flight 93), various CONSERVATIVE commentors (including Bill Bennett), the FBI consultant who quit the filming halfway because: "they were making thing up as they went along", and the star of the show, Harvey Keitel all say this is complete fiction, devoid of truth and have asked the show be yanked or edited. Do they do so despite promises to make changes? Of course not.

Does anyone want to run the liberal media bias crock theory past me now?

I just hope the Democrats in the Senate carry through their threat and make Disney VERY sorry about trying to influance a US election by removing their broadcast license.

Last edited:
Hey I watched it... I thougth that it was ok. Ok had about two hours of arguments with the wife over it.. I'm good... slept on the couch..

Bulldogg

It was the crassest instance of revisionist history since someone proved that the world was not flat.

What really made this so absolutely stupid, was that ABC at first advertised this as a show about the facts surrounding 9/11 ... they basically stated it was based on actual facts that would tell the story of 9/11.

As MM stated
The Clinton's, the Clinton Administration, 9-11 Board of Inquiry (bipartisan), the leading top 10 US historians, most film critics who saw it beforehand, the 9-11 families victims (including the widow of a Disney Vice President who was killed on Flight 93), various CONSERVATIVE commentors (including Bill Bennett), the FBI consultant who quit the filming halfway because: "they were making thing up as they went along", and the star of the show, Harvey Keitel all say this is complete fiction, devoid of truth and have asked the show be yanked or edited.

The above tells you just how misleading ABC was in the pre-release stories and leaders.

They have earned the condemnation and bad press that has descended on them because of their bad taste and the twisting of history and the truth.

Last edited:
I just caught this email on Ameriblog. Appearently American Airlines is very unhappy (i.e LAWSUIT TIME) about the ABC/Disney 'official version'. Read as to why...

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/09/american-airlines-is-threatening-to.html

Mr. xxxxxx,

I think it is important for you to know that ABC had factual errors in
its dramatization, and we are looking at possible legal actions as a
result. According to the 9-11 Commission report, it was not American
Airlines, nor was it even the right airport that was depicted. In
reality, it was another airline, flying out of Maine. Please know this
was a tragic incident in our company's history and we hope you will be
sympathetic to our employees and our airline on this day especially.
Again, we are outraged by this situation, and we alerted ABC about its
gross error. It is very unfortunate.

Roger

Roger Frizzell
Vice President, Corporate Communications & Advertising
American Airlines

In other news, ABCNews is reporting the Earth is indeed flat, and this satillite photo's showing earth as a round ball are in fact products of the "Bias Liberal Media", more on this later on the program...

Last edited:
The 'world is flat' may NOT have been the best example ... but ... the inaccuracies that were a part of a show which is supposed to be historical, made the show into a sham and a lie. The fact that so many people from both sides of the political spectrum found ABC to be at fault, should tell you it wasn't a 'funny' thing to them.

By the way MM ... your "In other news, ABCNews is reporting the Earth is indeed flat, and this satillite photo's showing earth as a round ball are in fact products of the "Bias Liberal Media", more on this later on the program..." is absolutely hilarious.
thc_laugh.gif
thc_laugh.gif
thc_laugh.gif
thc_laugh.gif

Back