--
Boots

May 26th, 2005  
CO5060.20

Topic: ........

http://forsakethetroops .info/
May 26th, 2005  
craig

Unfortunately my friend this moron is proberly serious and that is the way this world is going
May 26th, 2005  
rotc boy

yes, we already have a 6 page discussion going on about this asswipe in general chit chat...
--
Boots
May 27th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Anyone have $50,000 just laying around the house?
May 27th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I'm really feeling that Thomas Jefferson quote about renewing the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots recently, I think America as a society has been declining steadily since the 70s. Ultimate selfishness, idealism, and general cowardice turely is plagueing our society and this **** is certainly a perfect example of it.

In WW2 if there was a draft you just went into that army, that's just what you did. A modern draft? The protests and rants from idiots like this **** would be enormous. And any man-on-the street time with most of today's privilidged middle class 18 year olds will demonstrate that most of them wouldn't fight just because they are too scared to stand up for their country. 60 years ago in our "greatest generation" we had 16 and 17 year olds trying to trick their way past recruiters into the army. How many of today's XBOX and OC babies would do the same?

This **** is just a glaring example of the weakening social foundation in our society.
May 27th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Many Americans feel their country and their way of life is invincible and take it for granted.
May 27th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Many Americans feel their country and their way of life is invincible and take it for granted.
The word I prefer is "entitlement". I feel our current generation, of which I am a part of at my tender 20 years, is largely complaicent and feels that they are ENTITLED to wealth/freedom/security and that it will always be there for them. They don't have to work for it, it will just be there.

And really it's not a blue/red political thing it permeates all parts of society.

I fear that there is no better modern parallel to the complaicent decadence of Rome right before she fell than the current American generation.
May 27th, 2005  
Locke

i think there is an all invasive view point that if something happens, other people will fix it that "its our problem, but others will do something to rectify it, so ill just go about my life as usual."

which reminds me of the story i heard about the NFL guy who turned down a lucrative contract to join the rangers and was killed in Afghanistan.
May 27th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
I fear that there is no better modern parallel to the complaicent decadence of Rome right before she fell than the current American generation.
Actually I did a lot of reading a few years ago.
May 27th, 2005  
rotc boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
which reminds me of the story i heard about the NFL guy who turned down a lucrative contract to join the rangers and was killed in Afghanistan.
yeah, shot by friendly fire...