9th Grader Dies After Being Shot In Back Of Head

One thing people don't realize is guns are used in only about 12% of murders. While some like genious comments like "you can't do a drive by with a knife" if all guns vanished there wouldn't be a massive reduction of murders, even w/o considering the deterent that guns proved & removal may result in greater crime. Maybe it is the melting pot of immigrants, It may be like the results of breeding native & African bees & "Killer Bees" were the result. I believe a lot of it is decay of tradition values, respect for ones self & others, lack of male head of housholds, ect.

One thing people don't realize is guns are used in only about 12% of murders. While some like genious comments like "you can't do a drive by with a knife" if all guns vanished there wouldn't be a massive reduction of murders, even w/o considering the deterent that guns proved & removal may result in greater crime. Maybe it is the melting pot of immigrants, It may be like the results of breeding native & African bees & "Killer Bees" were the result. I believe a lot of it is decay of tradition values, respect for ones self & others, lack of male head of housholds, ect.

May I ask where you got the guns = 12% of murders from? Thats sounds very low.

I actually found this:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0004888.html

This chart shows thats guns used in homicide to be an average of about 68% between 1965-2007.

Last edited:
Jan. 3, 2007
Tacoma, Wash. Douglas Chanthabouly, 18, shot fellow student Samnang Kok, 17, in the hallway of Henry Foss High School.
April 16, 2007
Blacksburg, Va. A 23-year-old Virginia Tech student, Cho Seung-Hui, killed two in a dorm, then killed 30 more 2 hours later in a classroom building. His suicide brought the death toll to 33, making the shooting rampage the most deadly in U.S. history. Fifteen others were wounded.
Sept. 21, 2007
Dover, Del. A Delaware State Univesity Freshman, Loyer D. Brandon, shot and wounded two other Freshman students on the University campus. Brandon is being charged with attempted murder, assault, reckless engagement, as well as a gun charge.
Oct. 10, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio A 14-year-old student at a Cleveland high school, Asa H. Coon, shot and injured two students and two teachers before he shot and killed himself. The victims' injuries were not life-threatening.
Nov. 7, 2007
Tuusula, Finland An 18-year-old student in southern Finland shot and killed five boys, two girls, and the female principal at Jokela High School. At least 10 others were injured. The gunman shot himself and died from his wounds in the hospital.
Feb. 8, 2008
Baton Rouge, Louisiana A nursing student shot and killed two women and then herself in a classroom at Louisiana Technical College in Baton Rouge.
Feb. 11, 2008
Memphis, Tennessee A 17-year-old student at Mitchell High School shot and wounded a classmate in gym class.
Feb. 12, 2008
Oxnard, California A 14-year-old boy shot a student at E.O. Green Junior High School causing the 15-year-old victim to be brain dead.
Feb. 14, 2008
DeKalb, Illinois Gunman killed five students and then himself, and wounded 17 more when he opened fire on a classroom at Northern Illinois University. The gunman, Stephen P. Kazmierczak, was identified as a former graduate student at the university in 2007.
Sept. 23, 2008
Kauhajoki, Finland A 20-year-old male student shot and killed at least nine students and himself at a vocational college in Kauhajok, 330km (205 miles) north of the capital, Helsinki.
Nov. 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, Florida A 15-year-old female student was shot and killed by a classmate at at Dillard High School in Fort Lauderdale.
March 11, 2009
Winnenden, Germany Fifteen people were shot and killed at Albertville Technical High School in southwestern Germany by a 17-year-old boy who attended the same school.

Monty You'll never get an argument concerning that! I'm sure your list can be much Longer.

Look at what happened in Montreal when that Nut Job shot all those women in a University.

The Problem concerning with this matter is that the wrong people are getting their hands on them,
I've have a Weapons and restricted weapons Permits since 1978, I have no criminal record. With
all the Permits+++++ that goes with them! But I get harassed By the QPP.

But if I'm a criminal I can buy one for $500.00 no questions asked! Almost all of our illegal Hand Guns, Machine
Guns++++ come in from the Mohawks or organised crime from the US. Hell for $4000,00 you can get rocket
Launchers from the Indians.

Last edited:
George

I think you probably got your facts wrong, the source I provided comes from the Department of Justice (says so at the bottom). It is simply impossible to believe that only 12% (1080 people total) of the 9000 annual murders were committed in the US were commited by a firearm. In NYC alone there were 281 handgun related murders last year (281/1080). That mean 20% of the 1080 of all gun related murders came from NYC. (and NYC has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation among large cities).

Spainard

You number is suspect too, according Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada

"The number of murders dropped to 594 in 2007, 12 fewer than the previous year. One-third of the 2007 murders were stabbings and another third were by firearm".

33.3% is a very different number than 3%. As to why its lower in canada, you have a far small population. Few people, fewer crime, fewer crime involving guns. And of course because Canadians are more civilized as well.

The concern is this case probably has more to do with a breakdown in parenting and the influence of schools.

By going back and listening to additional news reports it has been determined that the shooter and victim were both actively trying to join a "National Gang", they were using online resources to actively learn what ever they could about joining.

At 14 these boys were so wrapped up in the "gang lifestyle" that one did murder to be accepted. This is a lot sicker than who owns a gun.

George

I think you probably got your facts wrong, the source I provided comes from the Department of Justice (says so at the bottom). It is simply impossible to believe that only 12% (1080 people total) of the 9000 annual murders were committed in the US were commited by a firearm. In NYC alone there were 281 handgun related murders last year (281/1080). That mean 20% of the 1080 of all gun related murders came from NYC. (and NYC has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation among large cities).

Spainard

You number is suspect too, according Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Canada

"The number of murders dropped to 594 in 2007, 12 fewer than the previous year. One-third of the 2007 murders were stabbings and another third were by firearm".

33.3% is a very different number than 3%. As to why its lower in canada, you have a far small population. Few people, fewer crime, fewer crime involving guns. And of course because Canadians are more civilized as well.

Don't believe everything thats on Wikki I hand to make a few corrections on there.

Yes It's 3% of all crimes in Canada are committed with a Gun. Your comment about the Population rate holds water,
as being more Civilise Well last year this Nut Job got on a Gery Hound Bus and decapitated someone with a Knife.
Then he carried the head showing it to everybody on the Bus.

J

Last edited:
Don't believe everything thats on Wikki I hand to make a few corrections on there.

Yes It's 3% of all crimes in Canada are committed with a Gun. Your comment about the Population rate holds water,
as being more Civilise Well last year this Nut Job got on a Gery Hound Bus and decapitated someone with a Knife.
Then he carried the head showing it to everybody on the Bus.

J

Wikipedia as a sources handily beats down an opinion with source at all. And the author did site the source (a governemnt poll at the footnotes, which I am too lazy to post here but its list at footnote #4).

I think you answered your own question, the person was mentally ill thats not the samething as being a criminal.

Back