948 registered users

--

May 28th, 2004  

Topic: 948 registered users

Quote:
Originally Posted by about face
how could the forum induce its members[all 958] to be more active in some way, its just a thought but maybe ...................................
Strange. About face was right, I even remember the counter being at 960. but now it's at 948 registered users. Something wrong? What happened?
May 28th, 2004  
Redleg

I've deleted users with wrong/fake e-mail addresses now.
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

We decided to dump all the members who came from Oregon (damn Oregonians) because they smell funny.

Seriously though, accounts are deleted if they are found to have fake e-mails, and a lot of people have been registering using them.
--
May 28th, 2004  
Redleg

Some are fake, and some are typos..
But it happens almost every day..
May 28th, 2004  

How do you check? I mean blblblblb@htmail.com is probably a typo, but do you send everyone an e-mail and the ones returning an error get deleted? That would mean that real Hotmail accounts that have exceeded the 2 Mb limit would get deleted.....
May 28th, 2004  
Redleg

When you register you receive a confirmation e-mail, and you have to click a link in that one to activate your account.

If the "member" enters an e-mail address that doesn't exist I get a returned e-mail error.
That way I can delete inactive users.
May 28th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1217
That would mean that real Hotmail accounts that have exceeded the 2 Mb limit would get deleted.....
May 28th, 2004  
Redleg

Hm, only if the limit was reached when the new member tried to register..
But then he wouldn't be able to activate the account anyway, so it's no problem.
May 29th, 2004  
Spyfly

Topic: 948 registered users

I got 2 active emails...but what advantage would i really have if i would use to accounts?? Milbucks? Well that is an idea but it would be difficult to use two usernames at the same time.
May 30th, 2004  
Redleg

Topic: Re: 948 registered users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyfly
I got 2 active emails...but what advantage would i really have if i would use to accounts??.
None, other than getting banned for spamming...