948 registered users

Status
Not open for further replies.

about face said:
how could the forum induce its members[all 958] to be more active in some way, its just a thought but maybe :idea: ...................................
Strange. About face was right, I even remember the counter being at 960. but now it's at 948 registered users. Something wrong? What happened?

We decided to dump all the members who came from Oregon (damn Oregonians) because they smell funny.

Seriously though, accounts are deleted if they are found to have fake e-mails, and a lot of people have been registering using them.

Some are fake, and some are typos..
But it happens almost every day..

How do you check? I mean blblblblb@htmail.com is probably a typo, but do you send everyone an e-mail and the ones returning an error get deleted? That would mean that real Hotmail accounts that have exceeded the 2 Mb limit would get deleted.....

When you register you receive a confirmation e-mail, and you have to click a link in that one to activate your account.

If the "member" enters an e-mail address that doesn't exist I get a returned e-mail error.
That way I can delete inactive users.

Hm, only if the limit was reached when the new member tried to register..
But then he wouldn't be able to activate the account anyway, so it's no problem.

I got 2 active emails...but what advantage would i really have if i would use to accounts?? Milbucks? Well that is an idea but it would be difficult to use two usernames at the same time.

Spyfly said:
I got 2 active emails...but what advantage would i really have if i would use to accounts??.

None, other than getting banned for spamming... ;)

Well, certainly there are exceptions, especially if their second personality contributes just as well to the discussions as their first. :lol:

If I want to talk to myself, I don't need INternet, computers, forums and stuff like that...... :p :D

silent driller said:
You could post to the limit with both screen names and donate all the milbucks to the primary one. :D
Redleg said:
Spyfly said:
I got 2 active emails...but what advantage would i really have if i would use to accounts??.

None, other than getting banned for spamming... ;)
I wouldn't try..... He'd be like :2guns: :9mm: :m16shoot: :biggun: :firedevi: But if you want to try.. be my guest...:twisted:

;) :D

silent driller said:
You could post to the limit with both screen names and donate all the milbucks to the primary one. :D

IP's are recorded for every post....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back