90% in online poll believe India threatens China's security

SwordFish_13

Hi,

Source

An online poll conducted by huanqiu.com on June 10 shows that 90 percent of participants believe India poses a big threat to China after India announced it would dispatch 60,000 troops to the border with China.

The tension along the disputed border between the two countries has escalated in the last few days after India's latest military move. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh claimed, despite cooperative India-China relations, his government would make no concessions to China on territorial disputes.

The Indian government's tough stance has won applause among Indian nationalists, but it's not well-received in China.

About 74 percent people in the poll by huanqiu.com believed China should not maintain the friendly relations with India anymore after its military provocation. And more than 65 percent of people taking part in the poll believed India's actions were harmful to bilateral ties and it is more harmful to India.

India's military moves could cast a shadow over bilateral relations, said Dai Xun, an expert in military affairs, who described India's actions as “plundering a burning house”, when the international community was focused on a reported nuclear test in the DPRK, destroying the mutual trust between neighboring countries.

An expert in the Asia-pacific region, Sun Shihai, with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences told the Global Times that the two countries share a lot of mutual interests, so India has to cooperate with China; but India also needs to show its “will and resolution” to both domestic politicians and the international community.

“It (additional deployment) is not helpful to resolve the border dispute, and could easily cause regional tension,” Sun said.
Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
I'd take India over China any day.
The terrain in which China and India face off against each other is possibly the most difficult terrain in the world.

The Chi-Coms of course view India as a threat..... It's a nuclear armed nation that fight back and doesn't bow down to the commies.

How would have thought that the Chi-Coms would support that.

Don't know why. But any powerful state too close to China will find themselves in some sort of conflict. Hell even the Soviet Union couldn't get along with the Chinese despite both sides being Communist.

Now we enjoy a good realationship with India, i don't think the war between China and India will be happen in the coming 20-50 years. Both of them are large developing countries with large population. Now we are both facing a lot of troubles from inner,like penury,terrorism,and independence. So i think, in the future, between China and India, the cooperation will be continued and the argument will be existed.To improve people's live is most important think for the both government. By the way, few Chinese consider India as a threaten.

Don't know why. But any powerful state too close to China will find themselves in some sort of conflict. Hell even the Soviet Union couldn't get along with the Chinese despite both sides being Communist.
Could you tell me who get along well with Soviet Union even in the side of Communist.Poland? Yugoslavia? Czech?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree.
But why would India want to provoke China?
Not a good move.

Population pressure and economic realities of the labour war going on between them. Its an economic cold war that is hard to gauge from outside either country. Reality is, they are in stiffer competition for business to source within their respective borders than the US and USSR ever were for the hearts and minds of 3rd world countries. Its bound to spill over into something a bit hotter than bidding wars.

The Congress Party won elections just recently, and I was in Pakistan during the Indian campaigns. The Pakistanis wanted / hoped for a Congress win and got it. The Congress Party is seen as more calm, collected and sober in foreign relations. Pakistan is either going to get its act together or disintergrate. The Taliban are known to be eying Pakistan as the next Afghanistan (but with nukes). I think China and India will forget their border issues and focus on Pakistan.

Chinese wanted to dominate the region . you can see her imperialistic policies .
China is making advanced infrastructure for military . making bunkers across border . and trying to dominate . and this move could balance the power , and i think you all know balance is the key for peace . so i would appreciate this move . and india should not neglect its security becos war can be broke out at anytime with china as all we have seen in 1962 . border disputes are also there so it would be risky to neglect security.

Back