9 years since the murder of Yitzhak Rabin

SHERMAN

9 Jewish years have past since Rabin was murdered in Tel-Aviv. Rabin was a great and noble man. He fought for Israel as a member of the PALMACH, and was a Brigade commander in 1948. Rose to the rank of Chief of the General Staff and commanded the IDF in it's 1967 victory. He retired from the military and was sent as the Israeli ambasador to the USA. He was elected Prime Minister in 1974, and served in that position untill 1977. Afterwards he served as Minister of Security in the 1984 National Unity Government. In the 1992 elections he was elected Prime Minister agian. He set out to make peace. By 1995, he had sighned agreemants with Jordan and the PLO. Peace was on the horyzon. But the Jewish right extremeists would not have it. They denounced him as a trator and some called for his murder. These men did horrible things in the name of religion. On November 4th, 1995 Rabin gave a speach at a demonstration in Tel-Aviv. The title was "Yes to Peace, no to violence". Tens of Thousends of people cheerd for Peace. When he left the rally, one of Israels greatest men, was shot three times in the back. This is a part of the speach he made at that rally:

I have always believed that the majority of the people want peace, are prepared to take risks for peace. And you here, by showing up at this rally, prove it, along with the many who did not make it here, that the people truly want peace and oppose violence. Violence is undermining the very foundations of Israeli democracy. It must be condemned, denounced, and isolated. This is not the way of the State of Israel. Controversies may arise in a democracy, but the decision must be reached through democratic elections, just as it happened in 1992, when we were given the mandate to do what we are doing, and to continue to do it.

May he rest in peace and never be forgotten.

rabin-memorial.jpg

May he rest in peace. I think even if from the other side of the political spectrum, present Prime Minister Sharon is doing the good of his own people.

I'll pray for Rabin.

I know. But this time a big sacrifice will help the peace. And the blame will lie on Arafat for years to come. Hope the settlers are gonna accept the decision.

Back