9-Year-Old Delaware Boy Faces Felony Charges for Setting Kitten on Fire

When I taught at that academy I found a pretty self explanatory observation:

Good kids tend to have good parents.
Bad kids tend to have bad parents.
Weak kids tend to have weak parents.

The laws do have an influence and I think that they've gone over the top in micromanaging and implementing WRONG and unrealistic policies in governing the household.
However, setting a good example usually means you won't be raising some kind of train wreck.

If you study in Sociology, Psychology, Psychiatry and such, you see that adult freaks, start being freaks in childhood, and torturing animals is one of the symptoms/warning signs listed to look out for to avoid the John Wayne Gacy's, Jeffrey Dahmer's, Ted Bundy's, Son of Sam, etc. of the world.

Last edited:
A felony's a pretty big penalty, this kid is definitely going to think twice next time he gets the urge to set some poor animal on fire. You can't assume he's going to be the same his whole life, that's not only unfair but incorrect. I know some people who were total *******s earlier in life who turned out alright because their bad experiences on the dark side shaped them and gave them character. Showed them the error of their ways. Obviously this is not everyone. Just remember that this kid is going to be called a felon and have all the associated penalties with him for the rest of his life.

A felony's a pretty big penalty, this kid is definitely going to think twice next time he gets the urge to set some poor animal on fire. You can't assume he's going to be the same his whole life, that's not only unfair but incorrect. I know some people who were total *******s earlier in life who turned out alright because their bad experiences on the dark side shaped them and gave them character. Showed them the error of their ways. Obviously this is not everyone. Just remember that this kid is going to be called a felon and have all the associated penalties with him for the rest of his life.
How many chances should a person get? How old when they start to tally them and they start getting serious penalties?

The whole point of that post was that this IS a serious penalty. He is now a felon for life unless, like I said, it gets adjudicated. I do not advocate beheading people after 3 strikes.

The whole point of that post was that this IS a serious penalty. He is now a felon for life unless, like I said, it gets adjudicated. I do not advocate beheading people after 3 strikes.
Me either.

In most cases I support it sooner than 3 strikes. Serious rape, child molesting....

Why keep around people who are no good. Just because they were beaten as a child, not taught right and wrong the way they should have been taught...does that excuse that they've raped or molested someone? Or tortured something/one? I don't believe so. I'd keep a damn close eye on this kid and if he's ever caught doing anything similar lock him up for the rest of his life. It would only escalate.

I personally believe the world would be better off if we were a little more liberal (pardon the pun) on using the death penalty.

I absolutely agree with that. Someone should definitely keep a close watch on this kid. And I don't see why murderers and those guilty of "voluntary manslaughter" (murder) get to live while their victims rot. As for rapists... well they can't rape again if you make the right cut.

Liberal in this sense generally means don't want to dish out the death penalty. If you meant the opposite, then you are a lot like me and think it ought to be given more often without all of the bogus appeals they get these days. Granted, I am not for condemning the innocent but if it can be proven beyond any doubt, the sucker ought to fry. I am more for the death penalty being applied the same way the offender killed though, not the comfortable way.

Liberal in this sense generally means don't want to dish out the death penalty. If you meant the opposite, then you are a lot like me and think it ought to be given more often without all of the bogus appeals they get these days. Granted, I am not for condemning the innocent but if it can be proven beyond any doubt, the sucker ought to fry. I am more for the death penalty being applied the same way the offender killed though, not the comfortable way.
I know.... lol. Hence a bit of a pun....

I think we are to worried how they die and if they are in pain, if it's humane, etc. A bullet in the head would be just as effective and a lot less money than the way we are doing it now.

I have no use for revenge I don't think it's healthy, but then I've never lost someone to a horrific crime.

The last sentence is the key part I think. All these people that complain about the death penalty, funny how when a loved one is murdered, they all of a suddden want the death penalty applied to their loved one's killer. I am for the killer getting killed the same way he/she killed. In this case, set the boy on fire, let him see how it feels.

If it were up to me convicted murderers would be given the melee weapon of their choice, then unleashed against each other in various interesting arenas on national television. Maybe throw in some tigers. Brutal, I know, but they deserve to be murdered, not merely executed... and it would be a great deterrent to see the latest killer get dismembered by a battle-axe in HD with lifelike sound rather than drift off to sleep pain-free. Of course some of them go for that gruesome type of thing, so open it up to volunteers as well. Kill two birds with one show. No one but those proven beyond any doubt to be murderers, though - the rest don't deserve such a fate.

Rapists would either be castrated or have arrangements made to be cellmates with the biggest, gayest Bubbas in the state.

Fortunately for murderers and rapists, it's not up to me. :p

As a side note, it has been scientifically proven that while revenge does nothing for women, it actually releases the same pleasure chemicals as sex in males. That's probably one of the reasons the concept of justice came about in the first place.

Last edited:
If it were up to me convicted murderers would be given the melee weapon of their choice, then unleashed against each other in various interesting arenas on national television. Maybe throw in some tigers. Brutal, I know, but they deserve to be murdered, not merely executed... and it would be a great deterrent to see the latest killer get dismembered by a battle-axe in HD with lifelike sound rather than drift off to sleep pain-free. Of course some of them go for that gruesome type of thing, so open it up to volunteers as well. Kill two birds with one show. No one but those proven beyond any doubt to be murderers, though - the rest don't deserve such a fate.
Gladiator style... interesting. And you know people would pay to watch it. :wink:

Save money and make money. I like it.

At the least, let's forget about injections and electric chairs. Chris Rock had a better idea: Stabbing chairs. SIT YOUR ASS DOWN!

Boy(s) ought to be given same treatment as he did the cat. Cruel, stupid and Satanic IMHO.

Only thing i disagree with is the Satanic part... Because, if my research proved correct, a fundamental law of satanism is "do as ye will, that ye will harm no other"

Or, simply: we don't give a flying f*ck what you do, but if you hurt someone else, you gonna get it bad.

Other than that, i think this kid should be strung up by his balls with cheese wire.

i know a guy who was like that, and he's still just as cruel. i disassociated myself from him after i got arrested because of a dare.

<<EDIT>>

Gladiator style... interesting. And you know people would pay to watch it. :wink:

Unreal tournament 2k4 much?

(a game)

Last edited:
Back