9/11 mastermind confesses in Guantanamo (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks, confessed to that attack and a chilling string of other terror plots during a military hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to a transcript released Wednesday by the Pentagon. "I was responsible for the 9/11 operation from A to Z," Mohammed said in a statement read during the session, which was held last Saturday.

Read more...

If I were in Guantanamo, I would confess to it myself.

Confessions under duress are not worth the time and effort it takes to extract them.

That is not to say that he did not do it, but merely that as evidence it is totally useless.

If it was gained by the collaborative evidence of others, it might have been somewhat credible.

Incoming!!!

Whether I believe it or not has nothing to do with it. (Read line 3 of my first post).

As I said, confessions gained under duress are inadmissible.

Just think about it. Wouldn't you admit to it (or anything else) under the conditions suffered at Guantanamo Bay?

Evidence of this nature would not stand up in any court in any civilised country in the world. They will have to have something better than that.

The case may be heard in the USA, but the validity of the verdict and the means by which it was arrived at, will be decided by the rest of the world. Yep!, believe it or not, there is another world out there, watching all of this.

It ain't pretty, but it's the truth.

Last edited:
Back