82nd and 101st Airbourne Divisions

I guess I probally shouldn't had posted that, no hard feelings and it was not as a flame type of thing. I have the up most respect for the 101st, my mom begs me not to join them.

it's all good man 8) I did not take offence and neither did you. We both explained our positions and got eachother to "see the light" without flaming. I consider this a complete successs. Too bad other issues on the forum cannot be solved this easily

So what aspects of the 101st draws you to think about joining the Army?

Well if light infantry is your calling don't forget the other light infantry division - the 10th Mountain.

Isn't 7ID light as well?

My unit was with the 10th Mountain in ww2 when we took Kiska; their unit historians had a field day when out Major took an exchange position with then in Afganistan.

soldierzhonor said:
Its the one post at Ft Campbell where you'll also see the air assault wings worn above the airborne wings due to esprit de corps of the 101st.
Hmmm.... My recruiter does that also, but he is a Cav. Scout and wasn't ever stationed at Campbell (except for duration of Air Assault course).

I thought the 82nd had a battlion of M551 AAV/RV's?

I'm aiming to be and MP with the 101st.

My most favorite movie Band Of Brothers, E Co. (Curahee/ We stand alone.)

The 101st is the most decorated light infantry division, four presidential citations, I think, maybe less.

Doody said:
edit: oops I forgot the 82nd did a jump in Korea. There was a general in Korea that saved the 82nd from being used in suicide missions. GEN Ridgway took over the ailing 8th Army and turned it into a bunch of fighting men. After the successful airborne operation, higherups wanted to use the 82nd for impossible missions. Since Ridgway commanded the 18th Airborne Corps in WWII, he knew better and protected the 82nd.

Actually, it was the 187th Regiment Combat Team that made the jump. They were operating as a seperate combat unit.

Back