80's Bands

How about Big Country, XTC, Adam & the Ants, Gary Numan!
Saw A few of 'em. But Adam & the Ants were so cool in concert! To me, he was a handsome man ,( excuse me) in leather pants...rockin!
Let us not forget the magnificent Clash!Their music stood for something. Still does.

Look up X T C's" Dear God" if ya want.

Last edited:
AC DC.... 1982........ oh yes we did...

then---
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7edbc7onXQo"]AC/DC - Hells Bells - Live Sydney 1981 - YouTube[/ame]

and still rockin'---
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRdfhkonJI"]AC / DC - HELLS BELLS (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

How about Big Country, XTC, Adam & the Ants, Gary Numan!
Saw A few of 'em. But Adam & the Ants were so cool in concert! To me, he was a handsome man ,( excuse me) in leather pants...rockin!
Let us not forget the magnificent Clash!Their music stood for something. Still does.

Look up X T C's" Dear God" if ya want.
!!!!!! Please, listen to the words, so a pro pos ....to Anytime, any year, any century. Just like the last page of "Uncle Tom's Cabin"... In my album " I See the Glass Half Full", on my page......timeless.

My era was the 1960's, different songs bring back different memories.

Yeah, I still absolutely need the music of the 60's....to survive. I dunno what kind you like, but I have definitely given myself over to Psychedelic music, was born ten years too late! So said, I would've been a hippie, in the music sense...i.e. the Grateful Dead, Crosby, Stills&Nash, Neil Young (acoustic), Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, I even have original Monkees records!, cannot forget the Beatles! And on we go.......

Me likey!

My era and these guys are from my home town. ;)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WZ33w3B8Hw"]Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax (original version) - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah, I still absolutely need the music of the 60's....to survive. I dunno what kind you like, but I have definitely given myself over to Psychedelic music, was born ten years too late! So said, I would've been a hippie, in the music sense...i.e. the Grateful Dead, Crosby, Stills&Nash, Neil Young (acoustic), Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna, I even have original Monkees records!, cannot forget the Beatles! And on we go.......

Me likey!

Far too many to list, but one of my favourite guitarists was Hank Marvin of the Shadows playing "Apache." Absolutely brilliant.

Far too many to list, but one of my favourite guitarists was Hank Marvin of the Shadows playing "Apache." Absolutely brilliant.

Adore Jorma Kaukonen... first with Jefferson Airplane, then Hot Tuna. So talented.. Acoustic! Bluesy, nasally voice.
I'll look Hank Marvin up! Thanks.

Dadsgirl

I always liked that song. It was so "new wave"! Relax.

I loved the way it was banned by the BBC, it promptly went to number one. That video posted is the tame one to avoid offending anyone, I don't want anymore slapped ankles for being a naughty boy. :rock:

How 'bout ....the Sex Pistols!!!!!!!

I loved the way it was banned by the BBC, it promptly went to number one. That video posted is the tame one to avoid offending anyone, I don't want anymore slapped ankles for being a naughty boy. :rock:

I used to have " Never Mind the Bollocks" on cassette of all things! Got ruined in the boom box. So, I had my brother record it for me onto a CD! When I'm alone ( don't tell anyone), I take me glasses off and have at it! I've got got a front door made of cypress wood(harrrrrd).Think ya get the idea. Got to "get it out" somehow!"
But knowing that THEY opened for the 101ers(the Clash!!!!!) just makes me giggle. Dunno why!
Knowing both bands, politically on the "peoples'" side was, is still awesome for me.
Have you seen Joe Strummer 's "The Future is Unwritten"? Excellent rocdoc.
Ciao for now...

p.s.just saw " Apache ".Pretty good! Then you might also like Mark Knopfler's style.

Last edited:
Adore Jorma Kaukonen... first with Jefferson Airplane, then Hot Tuna. So talented.. Acoustic! Bluesy, nasally voice.
I'll look Hank Marvin up! Thanks.

Dadsgirl

I've always regarded Hank Marvin a far better guitarist then Eric Clapton.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zou2V-e0zo"]Apache 'All-Time Best Instrumental' - Hank Marvin - YouTube[/ame]

:pThat's the first time I've seen a man dressed up in a "proper" suit playing a guitar.:rockin: Wow.. I couldn't sleep and popped on here to see what's happening .. ..

This thread takes me back to high school.. we were some crazy kids going to those concerts., we had a blast...

AC/DC was the first....:wink:..right after ZZTop...

I love some of this music . Molly Hatchet, the Stones, Journey at the Texas Jamm, and the BEATLES.. they know how to do it...:rock:..
the Bangle"s "Walk like an Egyption" ohwayoh....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWP-AsG5DRk"]The Bangles Walk Like An Egyptian - YouTube[/ame]

You can find just about anything on YouTube......:p
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIcZtjAch8"]Simple Minds: Dont You Forget About Me - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
:pThat's the first time I've seen a man dressed up in a "proper" suit playing a guitar.:rockin: Wow.. I couldn't sleep and popped on here to see what's happening .. ..

This thread takes me back to high school.. we were some crazy kids going to those concerts., we had a blast...

I love some of this music . Molly Hatchet, the Stones, Journey at the Texas Jamm, and the BEATLES.. they know how to do it...:rock:..

As a matter of interest one of my cousins was dating a member of the Shadows, she met Cliff Richard and Hank Marvin, she reckoned they were really nice chaps. The mean bugger never got me an autograph though.

On my last operational RAF station in UK every Thursday pay day we had a live group and a couple bus loads of nurses to entertain the sick the lame and the lazy (otherwise known as airmen), one Thursday we had Long John Baldry before he became better known. Quite enjoyable.

App Settings - You Tube

The Bangles Walk Like An Egyptian - YouTube

You can find just about anything on YouTube......:p
Simple Minds: Dont You Forget About Me - YouTube

Takes me way back!
Uh, YouTube -ers, including moi, look at the "app" settings. I was almost surprised at what I found. I think you will be too-if ya don't already know.I'm taking stock out in the mother company.lol. Ya blinked n missed the camera flash.. Or have I really been without a computer for that long?.

Last edited:
As a matter of interest one of my cousins was dating a member of the Shadows, she met Cliff Richard and Hank Marvin, she reckoned they were really nice chaps. The mean bugger never got me an autograph though.

On my last operational RAF station in UK every Thursday pay day we had a live group and a couple bus loads of nurses to entertain the sick the lame and the lazy (otherwise known as airmen), one Thursday we had Long John Baldry before he became better known. Quite enjoyable.

That's a shame, Brit, don't feel lonely, I've been to many a concert and not one autograph collected...:-(

Dadsgirl...YouTube is definitely on my list.:read:

Ohhhhh, I hope this stays put............
'I Want My MTV'
The 80s..."money for nothin', chicks for free"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag"]Dire Straits - Money For Nothing music video (Good quality, all countries) - YouTube[/ame]

Re: Dire Straits

That's a shame, Brit, don't feel lonely, I've been to many a concert and not one autograph collected...:-(

Dadsgirl...YouTube is definitely on my list.:read:

Ohhhhh, I hope this stays put............
'I Want My MTV'
The 80s..."money for nothin', chicks for free"

Dire Straits - Money For Nothing music video (Good quality, all countries) - YouTube

I will stick to my guns and say Dire Straits' first album is their absolute best!
I must say you do have impeccable taste in music!

Back