80% of American soldiers in Iraq want to stay there

--

January 1st, 2005  
pimp_squeak

Topic: 80% of American soldiers in Iraq want to stay there

My dad and I were talking and apparently they took a poll of soldiers over in Iraq and apparently something like 80% of them WANT to be there and are willing to complete another tour of Duty there. I can't find the article but maybe one the other Milquotes members saw it or has any comments
January 2nd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

you are correct about those figures. I do not know where the poll is at, but over 70% of Iraq veterans support the effort there.

Army wide, about 60% of Soldiers support the war effort. The Army times released a poll last week on the subject

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/i...-26-poll_x.htm
January 2nd, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Well no matter what they support now they gotta stay there now to rebuild the country.
--
January 2nd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

BTW, I am also one of those 70%. I went into Iraq when the war kicked off, I am slated to go back sometime this summer or fall and I still support the war. This time my wife will be going as well.
January 2nd, 2005  
Darcia

Wow! Thats much larger than i thought...
January 2nd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

it really has to do with what kind of men and women join the military. In general, conservitives join the military more than liberals. I believe over 60% of the enlisted US Army considers itself conservitive. When it comes to officers, that percentage rises to over 80%. I cannot find the poll on those figures. They came out a few months before the election. Since my company let out a loud cheer when Bush win was official, I can voutch for those figures.

Basically, you are not going to get the peace supporting people in the military. They are the ones who stay back and protest the war.
January 2nd, 2005  
rocco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
BTW, I am also one of those 70%. I went into Iraq when the war kicked off, I am slated to go back sometime this summer or fall and I still support the war. This time my wife will be going as well.
god bless you and your family!
January 2nd, 2005  
texasrebel211

Well my dad went to West Point and he said that there aren't many liberals there :P lol
January 3rd, 2005  
Marksman

my opinion is that the couse of that is in their familiarisation of that type of warfare and their willingness to get more expiriance in that type of warfare
January 3rd, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
god bless you and your family!
thankyou very much for the support