80% of American soldiers in Iraq want to stay there

Getting back to the political thing, how could a soldier on the ground sympathize for a liberal back home, when the latter depicts the military as a bunch of assassins doing harm to the people?

could it be

i spent from oct 2002 til dec 2003 out in gulf..............i do not support the reasons for war and why it is still on. Yet If i was still serving I'd wanna go back out and do AID relief.......................

I lost to much out there to support it but i wish every 1 luck who is out there and going.............

Italian Guy said:
Getting back to the political thing, how could a soldier on the ground sympathize for a liberal back home, when the latter depicts the military as a bunch of assassins doing harm to the people?

Mostly, I just laugh when I hear such things.

My men have been off of the deployment rotation for months now, and each and every one is counting the days until he can return. As Doody said, it has little to do with politics.

My men have been off of the deployment rotation for months now, and each and every one is counting the days until he can return. As Doody said, it has little to do with politics.

Not politics, it's called ideological differences and pacifism to an absurd level.

Cabal said:
Not politics, it's called ideological differences and pacifism to an absurd level.

This statement is a bit confusing to me .. are you insinuating those Marines/soldiers wanting to return to Iraq are pacifists?

I apologize if I have confused you. Actually, my reply was also in response to this:

And no, I did'nt say anything about men wanting to returning to Iraq are pacifists either. Where did you get that? :?:

Soldier is a soldier!

I have seen a film SOLDIER, when someone asked the soldier,what are you thinking,and what do you feel? He answered:"fear and obey!"

Maybe Fear and Obey is most important to a soldier!

I read a news that a soldier came back from Iraq, killed a policeman and hurt some other one. To them, fighting in Iraq do not give them some benefits and they maybe just obey orders.Who really benefits from the war? Bush or some other one? such as some energy company and some other companies that can get some shares in Iraq's rebuilding.

But as a soldier,he maybe will lose his life,or be hurt.

Cabal said:
And no, I did'nt say anything about men wanting to returning to Iraq are pacifists either. Where did you get that? :?:

You quoted me when you gave that response ... that is where I got it from. I didn't think your comment fit in reply to mine, which is why I asked for clarification.

Back