7th Division

Chukpike

Banned
There was a book History of the 7th Division published around 1927 by the 7th Division Officers Association. I would be interested in obtaining a copy. Any clues where to look?

There was a book History of the 7th Division published around 1927 by the 7th Division Officers Association. I would be interested in obtaining a copy. Any clues where to look?

If you mean this book...
7d.jpg

(AEF, 7th Division) Fell, Capt Edgar Tremlett, HISTORY OF THE SEVENTH DIVISION, USA, 1917-1919. Philadelphia: Seventh Division Officers' Association, 1927. VG+. Only a few superficial flaws to covers; book is otherwise in near fine condition, with no significant wear: bright & tight, a beautiful copy. Large format, glossy pages throughout. Extensively illustrated with full & half-page photographic plates & maps. 15 pages of appendices, including field orders, statistics & texts of individual DSM, DSC, & CdeG medals awarded to division members. Four crisp folding maps in rear pocket. 261. A superb divisional history, not commonly found.

This may help you.

http://www.amazon.com/History-Seventh-Division-United-1917-1919/dp/B00085V1ZK

That sure looks like what I am after. Is the discription you gave of the book for sale? There was no picture or discription in the information at the ad. I want to thank you for your help. I went ahead and bought it.

Last edited:
That sure looks like what I am after. Is the discription you gave of the book for sale? There was no picture or discription in the information at the ad. I want to thank you for your help. I went ahead and bought it.

I did a general search on "History of the 7th Division" and "7th Division Officers Association" which produced that picture and description I then used the author from the description at Amazon.com to produce that result.

Hopefully it is the right one.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. I had the pleasure of visiting New Zealand in the mid 80's and found the people as friendly and helpful as you have been.

Back