7th Division

--

August 9th, 2008  
Chukpike

Topic: 7th Division

There was a book History of the 7th Division published around 1927 by the 7th Division Officers Association. I would be interested in obtaining a copy. Any clues where to look?
August 9th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukpike
There was a book History of the 7th Division published around 1927 by the 7th Division Officers Association. I would be interested in obtaining a copy. Any clues where to look?
If you mean this book...

(AEF, 7th Division) Fell, Capt Edgar Tremlett, HISTORY OF THE SEVENTH DIVISION, USA, 1917-1919. Philadelphia: Seventh Division Officers' Association, 1927. VG+. Only a few superficial flaws to covers; book is otherwise in near fine condition, with no significant wear: bright & tight, a beautiful copy. Large format, glossy pages throughout. Extensively illustrated with full & half-page photographic plates & maps. 15 pages of appendices, including field orders, statistics & texts of individual DSM, DSC, & CdeG medals awarded to division members. Four crisp folding maps in rear pocket. 261. A superb divisional history, not commonly found.

This may help you.

http://www.amazon.com/History-Sevent.../dp/B00085V1ZK
August 10th, 2008  
Chukpike

That sure looks like what I am after. Is the discription you gave of the book for sale? There was no picture or discription in the information at the ad. I want to thank you for your help. I went ahead and bought it.
--
August 10th, 2008  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukpike
That sure looks like what I am after. Is the discription you gave of the book for sale? There was no picture or discription in the information at the ad. I want to thank you for your help. I went ahead and bought it.

I did a general search on "History of the 7th Division" and "7th Division Officers Association" which produced that picture and description I then used the author from the description at Amazon.com to produce that result.

Hopefully it is the right one.
August 10th, 2008  
Chukpike

Thanks for your help. I had the pleasure of visiting New Zealand in the mid 80's and found the people as friendly and helpful as you have been.
August 11th, 2008  
MontyB

Hehe are you sure it was New Zealand?