66th Engineer Company (TOPO CORPS)

I was with the 524 at Ft. Hood from Oct72-July74. I think Gartlin was CO then. I remember (getting harder to do that all the time) Ssg. Roosevelt Jackson, Platoon Sfc Frank Beard, Simon Cornell (Chief) and CWO Welcher. I may know muskogeemike.
i sent you a priv mess - It took me some time to find out about these - click under your name in the top right of the page to read it.

lrw5643 and all others,

Glad to see some interest in the 66th. Having not seen this thread, I started another thread concerning the same topographic company. I was part of the 66th mid 1965 to Oct 5, 1967.

I have had contact with a few of the members of the 66th from our time in Viet Nam.

Ed

I was with the 524 at Ft. Hood from Oct72-July74. I think Gartlin was CO then. I remember (getting harder to do that all the time) Ssg. Roosevelt Jackson, Platoon Sfc Frank Beard, Simon Cornell (Chief) and
CWO Welcher. I may know muskogeemike.

If you knew Chief Cornell - you knew me. Also Cpt Gartlin was a Lt with me in VN and I knew SSG Jackson and SFC Beard.

66th. Engr. Co. Topo Corps

I was in the 66th. at Bragg from about April 64 till Jan. 66. Was in the Survey Platoon, spent time TDY at Rockingham and Monroe NC. was also in the Dominican Republic for a couple of months in 1965.

I was in the 66th. at Bragg from about April 64 till Jan. 66. Was in the Survey Platoon, spent time TDY at Rockingham and Monroe NC. was also in the Dominican Republic for a couple of months in 1965.

Welcome and thank you for your service - I only whish we could contact many more "old TOPO soldiers".

It was a relatively small community and most of us knew many others in the field, it would be nice to trade memories.

My perception of events are probably different from the perceptions of others who were there at the time and I would like to hear them.

Hi All,

Had a recent bit of nostalgia about my old Army Company, the 66th Engineer (Topo) (Corps). I went on the internet and found this web site. It looks interesting and hope I can contribute.

I served with the 66th from Feb. 1964 - Aug. 1966. I was not a (topo guy), but worked in the orderly room. I worked under 1st Sergeants Mattick, Hawkins and Newman. After reading the posts, I know I served with at least a couple of you. Unfortunately, over the years a lot of names and faces have escaped me. But, I was probably one of the first guys you met coming into the Company and one of the last to see you depart. Looking forward to further communications.:cheers:

Last edited:
Company Sign

Sp/4 Dexter Taylor, here — 66th Engineer Company (Topo)(Corps), August 1961 to January 1964, Cartographic Platoon. Does anyone have a photograph of the company sign created by Sgt. Henry Grage of a baby blowing steam from its head while playing with blocks on which was spelled out the company name?
What is your real name, so I can remember you?

Hello all
Was in 66th in Vietnam 71-72. Was there for deactivation at same time as Muskogee mike

Was also in 527th at ft. Bel our 70-71

Hi philgrin
You were my co at 66th in Vietnam. Did you get you geodesy degree?

I worked for you in orderly room

524th.

Hello,

Just signed for the first time after finding this site. Would like to hook up with my old buddies from the 524th Ft. Hood serving from 8/1977 to 8/1980.
Any of you guys still around?
Thanks, Tom R.

66 Engr Co (Topo)

I was a Surveyor with the 66th Engr Co (Topo) from Oct 1967 to May 1969. I'm looking for pictures of the company area. I have a copy of a history supplement that was written in 1968 if anyone is interested.

66th Engineer Company - Topo - Ft Bragg NC

I was in the Survey Group from Friday September 13th, 1963 until Friday December 13th, 1963. We were TDY out of Maxton NC. The only names I can remember are Sgt Brickner from South Dakota and Collins from Texas

Welcome back, Benchmark, thank you for your service and hope you find a few more who were there. Good luck sir. :salute2:

Back