535th AAA Battalion US Army

Brymore Bob

I reside in England and am interested in contacting members and dependants of personnel from the 535th AAA Battalion, US Army, who were stationed at Brymore House in Cannington.
I am preparing a booklet on Cannington villagers who died in the two World Wars, one page of which is on the 535th time in the village. This will be sent to each house in the village to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the start of WW1 which is on 2014-08-04.
Any information welcome also has any vet got a copy of the battalion shoulder flash I can use to head up the page?

The 535th was attached to the 99th Infantry Division during World War II. Not sure if that was the case while they were still in England.
Another AAA Battalion also attached to the 99th Infantry Division apparently also wore the 99th's shoulder sleeve insignia (not 100% on this).
That would have looked like this:

583px-US_99th_Infantry_Division.svg.png

Hello everyone, if anyone is still here.

If you want a first hand account from someone in the 535th during WW2, check out the thread on Clarence Miller from Btry C in the 535th AAA Bn in the WW2 history section.

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...y-t111917.html

I've posted the text from about 30 - 40 letters that he sent to my grandparents from Nov 1942 - Oct 1945. There are letters from their time in the States, from England before DDay, from France after their landing at Utah, and then their move to Belgium, including a letter from there on Jan 7, 1945, and then advance on Germany and their post-war activities. The letters provide his personal account. Granted, he wasn't able to say much when things were going on, but what he does say is fascinating.

With that, I have a request, if any one can help. At the end of WW2, the 535th created a map that showed it's travels in Europe during the war. I am wondering if anyone has a copy of that map that they could provide?

I have learned from Clarence's family that they have a copy of that map. However, they also tell me that it is oddly shaped and they don't know if they will be able to make a copy (I'm sure it is fragile). If there is already an electronic version, it would be better than having to have them try to mess with their personal copy.

I reside in England and am interested in contacting members and dependants of personnel from the 535th AAA Battalion, US Army, who were stationed at Brymore House in Cannington.
I am preparing a booklet on Cannington villagers who died in the two World Wars, one page of which is on the 535th time in the village. This will be sent to each house in the village to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the start of WW1 which is on 2014-08-04.
Any information welcome also has any vet got a copy of the battalion shoulder flash I can use to head up the page?

Bob

I don't know if you are still around, but if you look at the link to the thread I posted above, you will find letters from a soldier while he was staying at Brymore (I assume so, because he mentioned after the war that he was in Bridgewater from about Feb 22 until the invasion). There is not a lot of content there, but he does refer to the weather and the crops to some extent.

Back