The 50th Ordnance Company (SW)

TheChief05

The Best Yet

The 50th Ordnance Company existed from the early 1960s until 1992. This organization was deactiviated at Fort Carson, Colorado; where it was assigned to the 68th Trans Bn, and was the III Corps' Special Weapons maintenance and storage company.

It was one of the few stateside companies that 55G / 260A (Nuclear Weapons Maintenance Technicians) soldiers could be assigned, in between those long overseas assignments. It was one of only three Army company size units that had their own crest and motto.

Chief 05

50 OrdC Crest.jpg

50th Ordnance Company Crest

I was in the 50th Ordnance Co back in 1967 in Europe. I was so dumb at that young age-I saved nothing from the military. Does anyone know where I could get a Crest from the unit ?
I don't care if it is a reproduction or not---any help out there?

Gunnerhog

Well of all places. A friend of mine found 2 crests on ebay-and she got them for me. I believe she also tried "The Best Yet" on ebay. So good luck to those looking.

crest the best yet

Congrats, I have tried everywhere. I did find a place that will order them for me but you must order 150 pair and it takes 90 days....too much

50th ordnance company

i was in the 50th from 1 march 1958 to dec 1959 at which i was discharged thei i reenlisted in 1960 when i was sent to fort sill ok then on the 1st of march of 1961 i got orders to go back to the 50th ordnance co in fact the commander that was there greeted me as i got out of the jeep that picked me up at the bonhof was the same commander that was there in 1959.

50th from 1976 till 1978 at fort Carson

Looking for people assigned to the 50th from 1976 thru 1978

Boughton ,Woody ,Waite ,sully butch

You guys out there!!!!!

I just joined

I served with the 50th Ordnance Company at Fort Carson from 1974-76 as an MP. Was looking to reconnect with old buds.
Cheers - JHN

Just Joined

was with the 50th Ordnance Company at Fort Carson from 1970 to 1973.
looking for a copy of the patch that was designed then.

The guy that designed it won 50 usd and a 3 day pass...but ETS the day the award was given.

50th ord co sw

I was in the 50th Ordnance Co back in 1967 in Europe. I was so dumb at that young age-I saved nothing from the military. Does anyone know where I could get a Crest from the unit ?
I don't care if it is a reproduction or not---any help out there?

I was in the unitfrom 66 to 68
when I was first assigned we wore 7th army patch, a few months later we received 7th army support command patches. again in 67 we received 57 ord brigade patches.
in 68 when we wee moved to ft carson that one was gone and we received 5th army patches. I got out beginning of nov of that year.

Back