50th General Hospital [1000 beds]

gulfcat

This was my reserve hospital unit for many years. Their history goes back to World War I and every war since to include Desert Shield / Desert Storm [Riyadh, Saudi Arabia] where I has the honor of deploying with them as Asst. Chief Wardmaster of the unit.

Our Unit motto was: "Comfort and Aid"

We had a separate deployment motto within the unit when we deployed which we sometimes referred to: "Best Health Care Under the Sun".

Sadly, the Army no longer has a need for medical units that large [we were 725 strong in manning] and the unit was disbanded and it's color's cased approx. ten years ago. Such a lot of history lost.

This was my reserve hospital unit for many years. Their history goes back to World War I and every war since to include Desert Shield / Desert Storm [Riyadh, Saudi Arabia] where I has the honor of deploying with them as Asst. Chief Wardmaster of the unit.

Our Unit motto was: "Comfort and Aid"

We had a separate deployment motto within the unit when we deployed which we sometimes referred to: "Best Health Care Under the Sun".

Sadly, the Army no longer has a need for medical units that large [we were 725 strong in manning] and the unit was disbanded and it's color's cased approx. ten years ago. Such a lot of history lost.

It isn't lost, it's just put on hold. Australia is in the act of re-raising disbanded battalions at the moment, you just rebuild the unit, get those colours out and crack on.

Back