.50 cal sniper rifle

tomwmil3

The .50 cal sniper rifle is one of my favorets and if you dont know it is armor percing, incerary, explosive rounds. It is ment for the use of light armor vehicles, but great agients personal.

ummmm

I don't want to sound rude..... but

oh well

Which .50 are you speaking of? And what information are you using to re-enforce this belief? Particularly what is the source of the information from which you gathered this knowledge?

Random 50.cal fact

have you heard about the worlds longest confirmed kill I don't know the specifics but apparently The weapon system used was the Mcmillan Tac-50 (correct me if I am wrong ) and supposedly it was done by a Canadian sniper team in the mountains of Afghanistan and at a range of 2,422 yards give or take some yardage. That is a long way out, an amazing shot really (even if it did take them more than 4 shots)

Barretta .50 mil sniper. think it was used as a antitank weapon in the early days.

You mean the Barrett .50 cal anti material/ sniper rifle, .50 mil would be the size of a thumbtack. No it was never used as an anti-tank weapon. The last time a .50cal or even the 14.7mm would have been used as an effective anti-tank weapon would have been the early part of WW2. However by about 1942 these rifles had become totally useless against med and heavy armor.

The Barrett .50 is used for anti material, meaning light vehicles.... such as Jeeps, Trucks, and to "Dispose of" things such as Explosives. It also because of the .50 cal rounds range doubles as a heavy sniper rifle.

The .50 cal sniper rifle is one of my favorets and if you dont know it is armor percing, incerary, explosive rounds. It is ment for the use of light armor vehicles, but great agients personal.

I'm not sure what you're getting at mate....
Is this meant as a question or as a statement of your opinion ?

I like to use it while playing Call of Duty 6.... perhaps he uses the in-game information as a source? Is it rude to comment on the use of grammar? This clears up the meaning of his sentence substantially when he uses proper grammar and the way he constructs a sentence.... Then again, what do I know?

You mean the Barrett .50 cal anti material/ sniper rifle, .50 mil would be the size of a thumbtack. No it was never used as an anti-tank weapon. The last time a .50cal or even the 14.7mm would have been used as an effective anti-tank weapon would have been the early part of WW2. However by about 1942 these rifles had become totally useless against med and heavy armor.

The Barrett .50 is used for anti material, meaning light vehicles.... such as Jeeps, Trucks, and to "Dispose of" things such as Explosives. It also because of the .50 cal rounds range doubles as a heavy sniper rifle.
M82A2 0r A3 is the designation of the system and it is effective against BRDM's and BMP's with certain rounds and when aimmed at certain spots.

The .50cal bullet is a beast, I was amazed when I first saw the comparisons of it with 7.62mm, 5.56mm and 5.45mm bullets.

However, the old 14.5mm is just...wow. Honestly, would absolutely hate to get hit by one of those. I dont think the 14mm is used in any snipers though...only rifle I know that it was used in is the PTRS 41 anti tank rifle used by the Soviets in WW2.

Heres a picture of a PTRS, thanks to google :camo:

It all sounds fine but how many miles could you carry the dam thing plus a few hundred rounds of ammo

I would guess one man would carry the rifle and another would carry the ammunition, in the case of the PTRS. Not sure if he could carry a few hundred 14.5mm rounds, though. I think that would be pushing it a bit too far.

Carrying 14.7 ammo would be hard even with only 50 or so rounds, but imagine having to carry 20mm ammo for an RT-20 or NTW-20 for a few miles.

Last edited:
Back