5.5 Million so far

tetvet

Banned
Mr. Holmes of the Colorado theater killings fame has so far cost the taxpayers $5.5million with no end in sight a bullet cost about 40 cents Colorado is a gun carry permit state but no one was allowed into the theater with a Gun except Holmes and he wasn't allowed to he just walked in with it why I wonder didn't others just walk in with theirs .:idea:

Mr. Holmes of the Colorado theater killings fame has so far cost the taxpayers $5.5million with no end in sight a bullet cost about 40 cents Colorado is a gun carry permit state but no one was allowed into the theater with a Gun except Holmes and he wasn't allowed to he just walked in with it why I wonder didn't others just walk in with theirs .:idea:

Unless the whole theater was armed, or another gunmen had either a flashlight and or NVGs all I foresee happening is a dead victim with a carry permit sitting in the front row.

People with carry permits get shot, have their firearms or in some cases a crime carried out with said firearm or even shot themselves by the perp with it.

Not everybody is a carry permit commando. I just don't see that as the answer.

On a like note:

I am out of sugar too, maybe if I put more guns in my pantry that won't happen any more?

Flat tire this morning, that wouldn't happen so much if I just had more long rifles in the closet!

Darn it!

I understand what you are saying Tet, but I also understand what Yossarian is saying, too. I will say that I disagree with both of you.

Yes we need, we must, we should by all accounts have guns in the home and business. To *hopefully* prevent such an atrocity from occurring again.

But I also beleive that no matter what, Mr. Holmes is still entitled to the same rights as you and I, including but not limited to the right to a fair trial.

Yeah, yeah yeah. I KNOW. Guilty is still guilty. Sometimes someone can be so damned guilty it pours out of them like sweat on the forehead. But that doesn't matter. Due process. Fair trial. US Constitution, Tet. It protects Mr. Holmes' rights just as much as it is supposed to protect ours.

I feel that there are places in the world such as Switzerland, Israel and a few others where having firearms in public works, also there are other places like in Somalia and Pakistan for example, were in a heavily armed area we just witnessed a Massacre in Peshawar where despite having plenty of homes with people armed with assault weapons not one vigilant stepped in.

Why?

Bottom line:

There could be assault rifles and handguns mounted in every public building like fire extinguishers but it is a specific society's set of morals and outlook on public safety and each other that will determine how safe we are.

A firearm is just hunk of metal wood/plastic.

I feel we as American's shouldn't be having a gun debate, but a moral responsibly debate instead.

Back