.45 SMG or 9mm SMG?

.45 SMG or 9mm SMG?

• .45 SMG

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • 9mm SMG

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
zander_0633 said:
Well, it usually depends on the situation you are in.

Thats my feeling too. For example, I wonder about overpentration of the .45 in confined enviroments such as inside an aircraft.

Well, that definitely is! It all boils down to the excat situation and where it is. It is sometimes more confusing when half way in the mission, you need to change ammo type!

mmarsh said:
Thats my feeling too. For example, I wonder about overpentration of the .45 in confined enviroments such as inside an aircraft.
One of the strange things about this cartridge is that there is very little overpenetration. This is due to the fact that the round is subsonic from the time it is fired, whereas the 9mm is supersonic. this is also the reason why the .45 acp was never noted for accuracy. But in an airplane, .45 may well be the way to go as its lower velocity would mean that any errant rounds could well be stopped or deflected by anything. Sorry, but there are many better pistol rounds out there. 9mm, 10mm, .40, 5.7, .357 mag.... there are so many to choose from, and .45 ACP is at the bottom of the barrel, imo.

Dean.

Dean said:
One of the strange things about this cartridge is that there is very little overpenetration. This is due to the fact that the round is subsonic from the time it is fired, whereas the 9mm is supersonic. this is also the reason why the .45 acp was never noted for accuracy. But in an airplane, .45 may well be the way to go as its lower velocity would mean that any errant rounds could well be stopped or deflected by anything. Sorry, but there are many better pistol rounds out there. 9mm, 10mm, .40, 5.7, .357 mag.... there are so many to choose from, and .45 ACP is at the bottom of the barrel, imo.

Dean.

The .45 might be an advantage in an aircraft and it would be an advantage if one needed to be quiet. I'm glad you mentioned the .357 as it is a killer round.

5.7 is definitely overrated, sure it'll go through body armor, but if they don't have body armor (i.e. pretty much everyone we're fighting these days) the terminal ballistics fall behind.

I still love the 10mm Auto...

Of course we could always use the .30-30 carbine bullets. More powerful than a magnum, but when fired in a m1 carbine, the kick is softer than a baby's. Heck there are a bunch of revolvers I know that fire it.

Lol I like to see a company make a submachine gun out of .30-30 Carbine bullets(7.62X30mm).

or the 12 gauge shotgun. like this: http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-2071.htm

Imot talkinga bout the guy's skill. Heck even I cand o that. But look at the recoil of the thing, its a 12g but barely nothing.

for 416 rounds per minute, the xtrema seems to be pretty darn good where cyclic rate's concerned. I've also heard a lot of good things about Beretta's autoloaders.

but I like something with few moving parts that I can take on a long slog through the marsh, so I'll stick to my 870.

Back