.45 SMG or 9mm SMG?

.45 SMG or 9mm SMG?

• .45 SMG

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • 9mm SMG

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
The Mp5 is a great weapon.Never even seen a UMP myself and would like to know how does the UMP9 compare?
Dont want to hear endlessly how much better .45 Ammo is even if im going off topic(sorry moderators but where else can I ask?)

sven hassell said:
(sorry moderators but where else can I ask?)

dont worry good man, whenever you are in trouble, seek the topics created by MightyMacbeth, for you might at last, find the door to the ultimate solutions..

comrades forever :salute:

Last edited:
MightyMacbeth said:
dont worry good man, whenever you are in trouble, seek the topics created by MightyMacbeth, for you might at last, find the door to the ultimate solutions..

At least you're humble. :wink::p

MightyMacbeth said:

Hahahahahaha.... I am afraid I have to agree with moving0target here !:) But less modesty means more adventure so bring it on!

The weapon I was referring to was the Chauchat machinegun, here is the link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chauchat It realy has a bad reputation with the gunners, who had to use this thing.

SnowMan said:
im not 100% sure of this but dosent most Bullet proof vest stop 9mm??

Any vest that can stop the 9mm can stop a .45. The .45 doesn't have great penetration.

In fact, this thread has too much .45 wanking.

Koz said:
Any vest that can stop the 9mm can stop a .45. The .45 doesn't have great penetration.

In fact, this thread has too much .45 wanking.

Wait...you mean you don't think .45 ACP is the magic bullet?

moving0target said:
Wait...you mean you don't think .45 ACP is the magic bullet?

Why yes it is in fact

did you know the only reason we won WWII is because we had 1911s and not those pussy 9mm Lugers?

Koz said:
Why yes it is in fact

did you know the only reason we won WWII is because we had 1911s and not those pussy 9mm Lugers?

You, sir, are completely wrong!

You left out the Thompson. :mrgreen:

9mm. I like to hit what I am shooting at, and at longer ranges, accuracy is NOT one of the .45 ACP cartridges strong pioints.

Dean.

9X19mm, Walther P38

p38.jpg

It was designed and adpoted by the German Army in 1938 to replace the P08 Luger.

fge13.jpg

Germany/Walther was screwing around with a new cartridge called the 9mm ULTRA. It was a 9X18mm caliber round. It later evolved into the 9mm POLICE which was a failure in terms of marketing.

NOTE: 9X18mm Makarov & 9X18mm ULTRA/POLICE are not interchangeble. The 9X18mm Makarov has a 9.2mm Diameter and the 9X18mm ULTRA/POLICE has a 9.0 Diameter. If you fire the 9X18mm Makarov in a 9mm Ultra or 9mm Luger pistol. It will explode.

How often is a sub gun needed? One advantage to the .45 is that it's always subsonic which might come in handy in certain situations. It's easier to shoot the 9mm and the ammo cost less. Kind of a toss up.

Back