.45 caliber handguns - Page 2

--

October 15th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Why stop at .45 caliber when you can get bigger with a Desert Eagle?
and why stop there?
when you can get the smith and wessen .500 calibre magnum.
most powerful hand gun in the world.
October 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Precisely. If size is what you crave - you got options man! I like the Desert Eagle myself, but its all user preference. I do beleive the Desert Eagle's largest size is .50 caliber as well according to this site: http://users2.ev1.net/~lertsman/pistols.html

Don't know of anything bigger than .50 ... maybe some of them on that site but I don't know the conversion of mm to caliber to whatever else.

EDIT: Nix that, found a conversion formula. The .50 caliber = 12.7mm
October 15th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Don't know of anything bigger than .50
look up smith and wessen .500 magnum and take a look.
its a kick ass thing. i mean there isnt a larger kick except from an assault rifle.
--
October 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

By all means, link me if you can.

I fail to see the difference between .50 caliber and .500 caliber. They are mathmatically the exact same thing. Obviously that doesn't make the two guns equal because they aren't likely to use the same ammo ... so explain why the Smith and Wesson is better please. BTW, I'm not a big revolver fan.
October 15th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
By all means, link me if you can.

I fail to see the difference between .50 caliber and .500 caliber. They are mathmatically the exact same thing. Obviously that doesn't make the two guns equal because they aren't likely to use the same ammo ... so explain why the Smith and Wesson is better please. BTW, I'm not a big revolver fan.
heres one
http://www.gunblast.com/SW_500.htm
and another
[/url]http://popularmechanics.com/outdoors/firearms/2003/9/top_gun[/url]

i think the magnum is larger length ways but not width wise.[/url]
October 15th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Magnum a type of gun with bullets which are fired with more power than is usual for a gun of that size
Otherwise, .50 = .50
October 15th, 2004  
devilwasp

Quote:
Quote:
Magnum a type of gun with bullets which are fired with more power than is usual for a gun of that size
Otherwise, .50 = .50
hmm oh well.
mabye it goes faster?
October 16th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

More powder would probably have that affect, yes. I like the longer barrel too. Make a semi-automatic out of that Smith&Wesson and I'm more likely to get one. As I said, revolvers are not really my things. Might rip my arm off ...
October 25th, 2004  
egoz

The magnum is just that it contains a high grain in the bullet. That means more powder which means heavier and more kick. I personally don't see the point in having a .50 for a pistol. A 9mm will do the same job as a .45 or .40. The difference being the 9mm has a high velocity round and more control over your second shot.

But since we're talking about .45s here, then it's tough not to mention the HK USP series of handguns. I realize it's been brought up but I'd like mention it again because I like HK

BTW, the MK23 is a USP just up to SpecOp specifications. It's more accurate and durable than the stadard USP .45ACP and has a threaded barrel so a silencer can be attached.
October 25th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

A magnum is a bullet with a bigger case, meaning more powder and a higher velocity.