42 Commando.

42RM

Banned
42rmcommando.jpg

Some of the lads from my troop.

The black bars are not due to OPSEC/PERSEC.
I just don´t want you to be traumatized - they are ugly bastards.

I was once asked, "Did you shave this morning Corporal?"

"Yes Staff," I replied.

"Well next time stand closer to the razor," retorted Staff.

I mumbled "Pillock!"

The first time my troop and I came home from The Stan we looked like cave men with long hair and a big beard. On the first parade, we stood there in our worn desert uniforms and looked like a collection of hippies. Our OC inspected the troop and commended the good job that we had done. Then I got eye contact with the RSM and he was clearly not happy with the way we looked. I kept staring at him with a gaze that said "one word and I will tear your ****ing head off"

After the parade the OC came over to me and said; "You've earned the right to stand here today as proud men. But I expect to see you all newly shaved and trimmed next week. Is that acceptable to the Sergeant-major?" To which the RSM monotonous replied; "Yes Sir!"

They may have a sense humor, you know.

We had a show back in Stand were a magician were performing with the act of making things disappear. For his next number he needed a volunteer and everybody shouted out to pick the RSM. Now the RSM, being a good sport, volunteered himself and got up on the stage whereupon a voice shouted out from the back of the tent: “Oiy mate, do us all a favor and make the Bastard disappear”
The whole tent collapsed with laughter and even our RSM.

Well you drive ambulances don't you?:mrgreen:

I also clear up puke, deliver babies, save the odd life, act as a marriage councillor, social worker, detective, financial advisor, peace keeper and, I can leap tall buildings in a single bound but my underwear is not worn externaly!:D

I also clear up puke, deliver babies, save the odd life, act as a marriage councillor, social worker, detective, financial advisor, peace keeper and, I can leap tall buildings in a single bound but my underwear is not worn externaly!:D

Sounds like me when I was the guv'nor of a pub.

Or me as a troop commander. Except that I´ve never delivered a baby and that I DO wear my underwear externaly.

Or me as a troop commander. Except that I´ve never delivered a baby and that I DO wear my underwear externaly.

I nearly delivered a baby, I almost barred her when her water broke. I wear my long john's externally. Makes me look like Max Wall

Back