40 Reasons to Support Gun Control - Page 3




 
--
40 Reasons to Support Gun Control
 
August 13th, 2012  
George
 
40 Reasons to Support Gun Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by m551sheridan
I do not care if there is a ban on assault weapons... MAC-10's... UZI's... high capacity magazines for pistols...there is no real good to owing those types of weapons.
The Federal Militia Act of 1790 requires that every man of military age own the equivilent of what the Army is using. That would be an AR-15. Functionally there's no difference between an "Aussault Weapon" in the civilian world and any other gun. So you're letting them ban things on looks alone. Do you really want to give the Govt the power to ban your ownership of something just because you don't have any specific need for an item? What next could be on the list of things they think you don"t need?
August 14th, 2012  
m551sheridan
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George
The Federal Militia Act of 1790 requires that every man of military age own the equivilent of what the Army is using. That would be an AR-15. Functionally there's no difference between an "Aussault Weapon" in the civilian world and any other gun. So you're letting them ban things on looks alone. Do you really want to give the Govt the power to ban your ownership of something just because you don't have any specific need for an item? What next could be on the list of things they think you don"t need?
George, as has been said, some weapons have no other use except to terminate an enemy at close quarters..... they are no good at bringing home the meat or for competitive shooting... In my opinion if those types of weapons were no longer available I would not loose any sleep over it... I like my lever guns, my shotguns, pistols and varmiters (I class the AR in this group).... I do have an old M1Carbine that is a sweet piece.. and one can bag a deer with the Garand and FN type weapons... all that said, again, is just my opinion.
August 14th, 2012  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m551sheridan
George, as has been said, some weapons have no other use except to terminate an enemy at close quarters..... they are no good at bringing home the meat or for competitive shooting... In my opinion if those types of weapons were no longer available I would not loose any sleep over it... I like my lever guns, my shotguns, pistols and varmiters (I class the AR in this group).... I do have an old M1Carbine that is a sweet piece.. and one can bag a deer with the Garand and FN type weapons... all that said, again, is just my opinion.
Like the bumper sticker says "The 2nd Admendment ain't about duck hunting".
--
40 Reasons to Support Gun Control
August 14th, 2012  
muscogeemike
 
Please allow me to add another reason for gun control: Among other evils that being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised. Niccolo Machiavelli

Two days after the 12 Aurora killings 14 people died in one Pick Up truck accident in S. Texas - I have seem no talk about banning Pick Ups.
August 14th, 2012  
muscogeemike
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Hmmm good point :P , I got into an argument some of my more rural freinds at school over my view that you should have to have a high school diploma with GPA over 2.0 to own a firearm.
As well as vote or have kids.
August 14th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
My idea on gun control anymore.

Option One: SHTF with no firearms, without a means to project yourself you get swarmed by a mob and beaten to death.

Option Two: We shut the gun nuts up, SHTF people get paranoid and start defending themselves with firearms, the situation progresses and we have a Mogadishu on every main street. And you get shot to death.

Either way, the situation with or without firearms all has it's flaws.

Saying a heavily armed populace stands as a deterrent didn't work in failed states. And the opposite doesn't work with an unarmed populace in prison.


All arguments, and all resolutions are just plain flawed in one aspect,

By the outlandish side stepping around the notion of people always finding a way to get at one another, which is a recurrent theme in this debate
August 14th, 2012  
m551sheridan
 
 


one of these would be nice to have.
August 14th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by m551sheridan


one of these would be nice to have.
This is why arms races happen and people sell their house to buy a tank. haha
August 14th, 2012  
George
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabs
Hmmm good point :P , I got into an argument some of my more rural freinds at school over my view that you should have to have a high school diploma with GPA over 2.0 to own a firearm.
The main problem there is the grade corruption of failed schools that "graduate" uneducated, often illeterate people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscogeemike
As well as vote
No one who is collecting State or Federal assistance should be allowed to vote. It would end vote buying(vote for me & I'll give you benefits), and possibly make it a requirement to own propery.
August 14th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by George

No one who is collecting State or Federal assistance should be allowed to vote. It would end vote buying(vote for me & I'll give you benefits), and possibly make it a requirement to own propery.

Turn back the clock? Interesting, not saying I disagree but interesting.