40 Reasons to Support Gun Control

I do not care if there is a ban on assault weapons... MAC-10's... UZI's... high capacity magazines for pistols...there is no real good to owing those types of weapons.
The Federal Militia Act of 1790 requires that every man of military age own the equivilent of what the Army is using. That would be an AR-15. Functionally there's no difference between an "Aussault Weapon" in the civilian world and any other gun. So you're letting them ban things on looks alone. Do you really want to give the Govt the power to ban your ownership of something just because you don't have any specific need for an item? What next could be on the list of things they think you don"t need?

The Federal Militia Act of 1790 requires that every man of military age own the equivilent of what the Army is using. That would be an AR-15. Functionally there's no difference between an "Aussault Weapon" in the civilian world and any other gun. So you're letting them ban things on looks alone. Do you really want to give the Govt the power to ban your ownership of something just because you don't have any specific need for an item? What next could be on the list of things they think you don"t need?
George, as has been said, some weapons have no other use except to terminate an enemy at close quarters..... they are no good at bringing home the meat or for competitive shooting... In my opinion if those types of weapons were no longer available I would not loose any sleep over it... I like my lever guns, my shotguns, pistols and varmiters (I class the AR in this group).... I do have an old M1Carbine that is a sweet piece.. and one can bag a deer with the Garand and FN type weapons... all that said, again, is just my opinion.

George, as has been said, some weapons have no other use except to terminate an enemy at close quarters..... they are no good at bringing home the meat or for competitive shooting... In my opinion if those types of weapons were no longer available I would not loose any sleep over it... I like my lever guns, my shotguns, pistols and varmiters (I class the AR in this group).... I do have an old M1Carbine that is a sweet piece.. and one can bag a deer with the Garand and FN type weapons... all that said, again, is just my opinion.
Like the bumper sticker says "The 2nd Admendment ain't about duck hunting".

Please allow me to add another reason for gun control: Among other evils that being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised. Niccolo Machiavelli

Two days after the 12 Aurora killings 14 people died in one Pick Up truck accident in S. Texas - I have seem no talk about banning Pick Ups.

Last edited:
My idea on gun control anymore.

Option One: SHTF with no firearms, without a means to project yourself you get swarmed by a mob and beaten to death.

Option Two: We shut the gun nuts up, SHTF people get paranoid and start defending themselves with firearms, the situation progresses and we have a Mogadishu on every main street. And you get shot to death.

Either way, the situation with or without firearms all has it's flaws.

Saying a heavily armed populace stands as a deterrent didn't work in failed states. And the opposite doesn't work with an unarmed populace in prison.

All arguments, and all resolutions are just plain flawed in one aspect,

By the outlandish side stepping around the notion of people always finding a way to get at one another, which is a recurrent theme in this debate

527119_3164114480104_1911129844_n.jpg

one of these would be nice to have.

Hmmm good point :p , I got into an argument some of my more rural freinds at school over my view that you should have to have a high school diploma with GPA over 2.0 to own a firearm.
The main problem there is the grade corruption of failed schools that "graduate" uneducated, often illeterate people.

As well as vote
No one who is collecting State or Federal assistance should be allowed to vote. It would end vote buying(vote for me & I'll give you benefits), and possibly make it a requirement to own propery.

No one who is collecting State or Federal assistance should be allowed to vote. It would end vote buying(vote for me & I'll give you benefits), and possibly make it a requirement to own propery.

Turn back the clock? Interesting, not saying I disagree but interesting.

Sitting on this side of the pond were we don't have the same problems I don't know if I should add my thoughts to this debate, but being old and foolish I will.

I can see the need for guns in the US as many people can live a long way from any help, and we don't have here very large range of nasty snakes, mountain lions, Bears, wolfs, Alligators to name a few and if you can't deal them then and there you can be in trouble. Where I think there could be a difference is on stricter rules on just who is allowed to carry gun and what type, and if you break these rules then you should be deep in the brown stuff.

:eek:fftopic:

excuse me gents for going off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread just for a question...

I have noted that some of you folks have *gear* -- what is that all about?

And George........ I too am inclined to agree with your post about if you are on the dole.......... the dems love to keep the sheep, well sheep... it is their base.

Sitting on this side of the pond were we don't have the same problems I don't know if I should add my thoughts to this debate, but being old and foolish I will.

I can see the need for guns in the US as many people can live a long way from any help, and we don't have here very large range of nasty snakes, mountain lions, Bears, wolfs, Alligators to name a few and if you can't deal them then and there you can be in trouble. Where I think there could be a difference is on stricter rules on just who is allowed to carry gun and what type, and if you break these rules then you should be deep in the brown stuff.
before I became disabled and can't walk... I used to have a *carry* permit... one is screened prior to getting a permit... it is the bad guys who do what they want... watch the video's -- once an armed citizen confronts them they run like the vermin they are.... and they do that *gangsta* crap when branishing their weapons........ a person in the know would love to have a *showdown* with one such as that... they spray and pray... I take aim and shoot......... end of gunfight... bunch of pussy's acting all bad and don't have the hair to back their play.. ah schit, look what y'all did and done -- got my blood pressure up.:m16shoot::smile:

The main problem there is the grade corruption of failed schools that "graduate" uneducated, often illeterate people.

If I remember my history correctly the founders intended only land owners to be able to vote.

I do not care if there is a ban on assault weapons... MAC-10's... UZI's... high capacity magazines for pistols...there is no real good to owing those types of weapons.
That said I like M1's, M1Carbines (to me it is a .30cal .22) My favorite weapon is an FN-FAL, in my shooting days I would have loved to have owned one,... I like shooting and plinking...
having worked in the mountains all my working life I lost the desire to hunt but I do enjoy putting the fear into cans, paper targets, ground dogs... I enjoy shooting long range using iron sights and doing the o'Kentucky windage and elevation thing...
Getting back on topic...This isn't a good attitude. It's like the German thing about they didn't care when the Nazis came for the Jews. We have to hang together or we will hang seperately. You don't care about military style guns, some hunters don't care about long range target shooting, some collectors don't care about whatever. An example of hanging together is back in the late 60s when Obama's buddy Bill Ayers & his Weather Underground was bombing govt buildings the govt wanted to ban black powder, the incredient in the pipebombs. The NRA could have said that was OK, very few people were doing any muzzle loader shooting & they wouldn't have been missed by the majority of the shooting community. Fortunatly the NRA stood up for the few & black powder wasn't banned. Today large numbers of people from all walks of life participate in Civil War & Rev War reenacting, Rondeviouer(sp?) and other reenacting, not to mention the boom in Cowboy Action Shooting where @ least some use black powder in their cartridges.

what do you guys think of this?

Citizen Shooter Saves Officer with Amazing Shooting
A 66 Year Old Texan Vic Stacey Puts Four 357 Magnum Pistol Rounds into a Killer Rifleman at 165 Yards

…by Jim W. Dean, VT Editor

Early, Texas – Double Murder Press Conference

Charles Ronald Conner got into a dispute with a neighbor with dogs. By the time it was over, the dogs, their owner and his wife were all dead.

Conner then grabbed a lever action 30-30 rifle and took up a position to add a few of the responding police to the bad day he was having.

The first responding officer, despite his AR-15 was pinned down in a bad position.

Despite the distance Vic Stacey knew he had to take the clear right flank shot that he had with his 5″ barrel 357 magnum. Vic estimated he was 165 yards out.

But as you are about to hear, that was not a problem for him.

His first round got the double murderer in the thigh and put him down, but he amazingly got a shot off at Vic that almost got him. The bad guy’s rifle had a scope. Vic fired four more times, got four more hits as the officer got the range and finally killed the shooter.

This video is a slice of Texas. What do I mean by that? Well, most people who have pistols, even those who are really good, I don’t know a soul that can shoot accurately at that range. Heck, I don’t even know anyone who has even has even practiced at that range.

But we know Mr. Vic Stacey has. As the saying does, owning a gun, and being able to use it are two entirely different things.

We have readers who may think that I am glorifying the taking of a life with this piece. They just don’t get it, because it is just the opposite.

Any of you combat vets out there who have had your butts pulled out of what you thought was a one way ticket to hell, due to the shooting skill of a buddy or a stranger, you know exactly what I mean.

Sadly all too many of incidents like this are never reported, the anti's don't like them, as it shoots down their propaganda for civilian disarmament in flames and shows them at best to be blatantly dishonest.

Gun Free South Africa (incidentally funded by George Soros) had a campaign a couple years ago to put "Gun Free Zone" notices in homes, offices and cars. I sent them a totally fabricated email along the lines of, "Dear GFSA, thank you for such a wonderful idea of Gun Free Zone notices in the windows of my home. I put up a few at home and within 24 hours my home was invaded by an armed criminal who I shot dead with my Colt 45. That's one less criminal to blight South Africa. Thank you once again for such a wonderful idea."

I never did get a reply.

A mall in Cape Town was declared a Gun Free Zone, within around 3 weeks it was robbed by armed gangs at least six times.

As for Mr Vic Stacey, "Well done Sir!":bravo:

Last edited:
I don't know, there are nearly the same amount of guns in Canada as there are in the US and only about 1/4 of the murders...go figure...

I would be astounded if there were 120 million guns in Canada. that is at least the number of operable forearms in the U.S.
The ownership of firearms is a Constitutional Right in the U.S. It isn't in nearley any other country in the world.

I would be astounded if there were 120 million guns in Canada. that is at least the number of operable forearms in the U.S.
The ownership of firearms is a Constitutional Right in the U.S. It isn't in nearley any other country in the world.

Given that Canada has about 35 million people and a 30% gun ownership rate it would put the number of legal guns at around 10.5 million.

Back