40 civilians killed

hc^patonki

American troops killed yesterday 40 innocent people (included lots of women and children) who were celebreting weddings in Iraq.
That is what I have been told, but in news they told that U.S army denied that they were civilians and claimed something that they were soldiers or something, is that true? Well anyway they were buried today,and may their souls rest in peace, or something.
Homma taas hoidettu hyvin :roll:

They were combatants there, chief. The "wedding celebration" was quite heavily armed and in a strangely remote location. I do like your willingness to believe anything bad about our military, though. :roll:

"Ten miles from Syrian border and 80 miles from nearest city and a wedding party? Don't be naive," said Marine Maj. Gen. James N. Mattis in Fallujah. "Plus they had 30 males of military age with them. How many people go to the middle of the desert to have a wedding party."

Brig. Gen. Mark Kimmitt said the attack was launched after U.S. forces received "specific intelligence" about foreign fighters slipping into the country. "We sent a ground force in to the location," he told Associated Press Television News. "They were shot at. We returned fire."

U.S. soldiers recovered satellite communications gear, foreign passports and a large amount of Iraqi cash at the site, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120436,00.html

Redneck said:
They were combatants there, chief. The "wedding celebration" was quite heavily armed and in a strangely remote location. I do like your willingness to believe anything bad about our military, though. :roll:

Well I didnt say that was the holy truth, I said only what I heard from the news, and like I said they said in the news that U.S military denied that they were civilians, well who knows what is true and what is not. It also looks like that you are willing to believe everything what your military says :roll:

hc^patonki said:
It also looks like that you are willing to believe everything what your military says :roll:

I am far more willing to believe the word of the government and military that have provided stability, unheard of amounts of freedom and protection for myself and my family than I am to believe some backwater, uncredentialed, and more than suspect as far as terrorist sympathies go arab "reporter." (see Al-Jazeera) I have faith in my government and my military, and although they have both made some mistakes recently, these have not been hidden from us or lied about, we have aired our dirty laundry for all the world to see.

Feel free to post your source/s for your information.

No I do not understand Finnish, like I said before I only know enough to get myself in a fight or slapped.

My issue with your original post is that your title and first line pass judgement on us, and you fail to provide any source for your information.
Thank you for the source, although it is incomprehensible to me (and likely most other members), if you have an English-language version of it anywhere, I would greatly appreciate you posting that link as well.

Just a side note.

Hypothetical situation: There's a wedding party in the middle of the night, in a combat zone.

Common sense: Don't start firing thousands of rounds into the air at 3 in the morning.

:)

Just a side note.

Hypothetical situation: There's a wedding party in the middle of the night, in a combat zone.

Common sense: Don't start firing thousands of rounds into the air at 3 in the morning.
Yup. Evolution in action, right there. Strangely, no one fired any guns in the air at MY wedding... or at ANY WEDDING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO OR HEARD ABOUT. Sounds like either bullshit or astounding dumb-assery to me.

Jamoni said:
Strangely, no one fired any guns in the air at MY wedding... or at ANY WEDDING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO OR HEARD ABOUT. Sounds like either bullshit or astounding dumb-assery to me.

Yeah, where I'm from we usually have weddings to PREVENT gunfire. Shotgun wedding hooah. :lol:

Yhdysvaltain asevoimat ilmoittaa tutkivansa syytteet, joiden mukaan amerikkalaisjoukkojen tulituksessa olisi eilen kuollut kymmeniä hääjuhliin osallistuneita siviilejä.

Wow, its not your mother's finnish anymore! (Just joking HC^Patonki: could you give us a rough translation of the above caption in english? I already tried Babel Fish, but I couldnt find Finn to English... :D )

Thats a serious jawbreaker language you have there. Just from looking at this part of the Finnish news site you posted, that photo caption uses so many words that appear to be a combination of three and four subwords put together that you could go crazy trying to figure it out if you werent Finnish, or possibly German.

I got to admire anyone that can at least speak two languages. :D

Course, the media that produced the picture for the caption was really going for as much attention as they could get. I guess he is carrying a dead child. My sympathys are for children: they only do what we adults teach and tell them to do.

I do have to question why anyone would want to fire in the air, even if it is their custom to do that to celebrate, especially if a bunch of soldiers and helicopters show up.

;)

Äitisi nai poroja!

;)

Anyway, Brigadier General Kimmitt said on FoxNews today in a press conference that there were NO CHILDREN'S BODIES in the area after our Soldiers had conducted actions on the objective.

Jamoni said:
Yup. Evolution in action, right there. Strangely, no one fired any guns in the air at MY wedding... or at ANY WEDDING I HAVE EVER BEEN TO OR HEARD ABOUT. Sounds like either bullshit or astounding dumb-assery to me.

Maybe you havent seen it because you havent been in wedding in Iraq(?) shooting in the air is their tradition and way to celebrate wedding, there is no reason to call their customs dumb-assery or anything else, but I have to give you that it was certainly wrong time and place to celebrate like that.
And to Mark Conley: Yes finnish isnt the easiest language, if I am not remembering all wrong it has been voted to be "the second hardest language in the world " :) . But for a very rough translation would say something like: U.S military has let to know that they are investigating the charges, that they have yesterday killed tens of civilians who were celebrating the weddings.

Redneck said:
Äitisi nai poroja!

;)

Anyway, Brigadier General Kimmitt said on FoxNews today in a press conference that there were NO CHILDREN'S BODIES in the area after our Soldiers had conducted actions on the objective.

That wasnt very nice thing to say :lol:
But anyway our tv-news said excatly that lots of women and children were killed, but maybe it is best that we wait more detailed news, before we start killing eachothers :lol:

hc^patonki said:
Maybe you havent seen it because you havent been in wedding in Iraq(?) shooting in the air is their tradition and way to celebrate wedding,

That is actually true, I've seent it happening several times in Lebanon.
Firing weapons in the air is (almost) the same as us using fireworks.
Most of my Company had to spend much of the new years eve in shelter because of weapons being fired into the air..
What goes up has to come down somewhere... :?

Jamoni said:
Just a side note.

First off you do NOT live there you do NOT know what customs they have...
2nd if you really wanted to know the news dont listen no the news of any side of the conflict dont listen to arab tv or US tv because its BS on either side the americans say the iraqis are savages and the arabs say the US are savages...

watch neutral news ( if it exist more or less) its not the first time the US bombs weddings in afghanistan it happened also so i think it was a military mistake they have been hapenning alot lately..

Jtf2 said:
[quote First off you do NOT live there you do NOT know what customs they have...
2nd if you really wanted to know the news dont listen no the news of any side of the conflict dont listen to arab tv or US tv because its BS on either side the americans say the iraqis are savages and the arabs say the US are savages...

watch neutral news ( if it exist more or less) its not the first time the US bombs weddings in afghanistan it happened also so i think it was a military mistake they have been hapenning alot lately..

Ok...thats a reasonable request to make...a little rushed JTF2, but reasonable...

In accordance with your views...Can you suggest a good, non-biased or neutral news group to watch, especially for the english speaking personell here? You seem to have some sources you rely on.

Especially when you said about the weddings and attacks: its a military mistake they have been happening a lot lately. i like to go to that statistic too.

My personal favorite is the BBC (British Broadcasting Corp) world news. On shortwave. From England. :D

First off you do NOT live there you do NOT know what customs they have...

Custom or not, firing a weapon into the air is STUPID. Yes they do it, they've been doing it since they got their hands on a firearm .. but that doesn't make it any less stupid. "Dumb-assery" is a fitting term for it.

My personal favorite is the BBC (British Broadcasting Corp) world news. On shortwave. From England.

Watching/listening [to] BBC is like watching FOX News - all talk, all bias, all the time.

Their custom to celebrate may be firin wepons into the air but on the same note they are in the middle of a war. What kinda intelligence does this take?

No they are not they didnt ask for it they are CIVILIANS in IRAQ ...not the USA ....wake up people...i bet halloween to them is as stupid so relax they have customs so do you.

Jtf2 said:
No they are not they didnt ask for it they are CIVILIANS in IRAQ ...not the USA ....wake up people...i bet halloween to them is as stupid so relax they have customs so do you.

JTF, who are you telling to "wake up?" How many times have you been over there? Have you immersed yourself within the language and customs and culture?

Better face it, just because an act becomes common, doesn't mean it's smart. Just because something may be construed as a custom to a westerner, doesn't mean it's the right thing. Shooting into the air is stupid. Period.

Back