40 civilians killed

lol

Acctually, its an Arab custom to shoot in the air in celebrations....They fire anything from pisttols to shotguns, and usually someone in the next town gets hurt :roll: ....They do it here 2...

RnderSafe said:
Shooting into the air is stupid. Period.

There was a good reason why my entire Company (and much of the batallion) had to stay in shelters on new years eve:
what went up did come down, all over the damned place.
Several places bullets were landing on the roof in our camps, and civilians were injured (and sometimes even killed).
So I would say that it's pretty stupid...

sherman105 said:
They fire anything from pisttols to shotguns

Even 12,7mm MGs were seen/heard several places.
And that's NOT a nice thing to get in your head...

Re: lol

sherman105 said:
Acctually, its an Arab custom to shoot in the air in celebrations....They fire anything from pisttols to shotguns, and usually someone in the next town gets hurt :roll: ....They do it here 2...

It depends on the tribe, region, etc .. for some it is, others couldn't care less - and there are the few that know better.

Redleg, I have a nice scar from said ritual. Grrr.

Jtf2 said:
First off you do NOT live there you do NOT know what customs they have...

So? Hell, several different cultures used to have traditions/customs of human sacrifice, and it is still a not-uncommon "cultural" practice in different parts of Africa to chop up the females' genitalia, I don't care where you are from, that's (for lack of a better expression) jacked the hell up. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2732561.stm
There are things that it is impossible to use the "culture" argument as a defense for, and blazing away in the air is one of them (I was actually arguing with an Iranian friend today about that :lol: ). You could say that it's a tradition for my people to sit around drinking grain alcohol that has been run through an old radiator, but we have (for the most part :lol: ) stopped that "dumb-assery."

watch neutral news ( if it exist more or less) its not the first time the US bombs weddings in afghanistan it happened also so i think it was a military mistake they have been hapenning alot lately..

So pretty much just watch what you watch, huh?

Whether they like it or not, there are heavily armed soldiers running around in their country, who are understandably touchy about gunfire. Seems to me they'd modify their customs a bit, to take that into account. Bottom line, if you fire a gun in a war zone, expect to receive return fire.

RnderSafe said:
sherman105 said:

It depends on the tribe, region, etc .. for some it is, others couldn't care less - and there are the few that know better.

Redleg, I have a nice scar from said ritual. Grrr.

funny how you hold your tongue when other people agree eh? i have many friends that are iraqi/or have visited iraq.

so i think that source is by far more competent then you plus you said it yourself...the customs change with the region...shauldint the military know these things? lol

Redleg not not watch what i watch but dontj ust watch american news its so much BS half the time...look at cnn for the last month its been about "exporting america" ...lammmmee

Jtf2 said:
funny how you hold your tongue when other people agree eh?

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Got another mini-conspiracy theory running around in your head?

i have many friends that are iraqi/or have visited iraq.

Somehow I don't quite believe that.

so i think that source is by far more competent then you plus you said it yourself...the customs change with the region...shauldint the military know these things? lol

You know, there is a huge difference between sticking to your guns as far as your beliefs go and holding onto an idea about something long after it has been proven incorrect out of shear bullheadedness. The very least you could do is make an attempt to pretend to address some of the argument brought against your stance.
In this case it is a moot issue anyway, since the group attacked WAS NOT A WEDDING PARTY.

Jtf2 said:
funny how you hold your tongue when other people agree eh? i have many friends that are iraqi/or have visited iraq.

"I've have a friend that has been there!" Don't you know those comments ruin any and all credibility you may have for yourself? I've been there myself, so my knowledge doesn't come second hand.

And as to the nature of your post: I've told you once, and this is the last time I'll say it before posting here becomes a very huge effort for you - if you feel the need to take personal potshots, feel free to PM me. Otherwise, shut your little yap and keep to the topic.

Lol you delete my post when im right? lol

there was video on the wedding us military says :....opps i did it again.. :lol:

Jtf2 said:
Lol you delete my post wen im right? lol

there wasa video on the wedding us military says :....opps i did it again.. :lol:

Hey!

Last warning, start making complete and responsible (hopefully being mature is not too much to ask :? ) arguments. This "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" pattern of posting without any evidence or attempt at making a rational argument to support your position (along with the snide comments) has got to go. Since you refuse to listen to private warnings or public hints to change your behaviour, this is your last.
And before you claim this is censorship, grab yourself a dictionary. (we didn't delete any of your posts, either, chief)

Mod edit: This post has disappeared because the poster failed to follow the directions above. If you want to say something is a fact, post a daggone link.
Yours truly, Redneck

video

about the video from the wedding:

1-Who can tell wich wedding it's from?

2-Even if it is from the specific wedding, so what? It dosent show everything, just the parts they want to show.

3-Even if it was an innocent crowd of celebrators, they fired in the air in a middle of a war zone, so they made them selves a target.

Re: video

sherman105 said:
about the video from the wedding:

1-Who can tell wich wedding it's from?

2-Even if it is from the specific wedding, so what? It dosent show everything, just the parts they want to show.

3-Even if it was an innocent crowd of celebrators, they fired in the air in a middle of a war zone, so they made them selves a target.
Does anyone have a link to this video? I'd like to see it.

I dont think you do...From what ive seen its preety much arabs dancing treditional dances....And eating food..

I'm all about watching people eat food! I'm an avid food eater myself :D
But anyway, it really is stupid to fire weapons in the air. Just ask New Yorkers!

Back