4 years

rotc boy

Tomorow will be the 4th year anniversary since 9-11

:salute2:

I'm sure we all remember where we were when we found out about the attacks...where were you? I was in band and the teacher had turned on the tv to put in a video and it was on a news channel and we just watched the news about it for the rest of the class.

:salute2: :cry:

I was taking an early afternoon nap. Dad woke me up and said "Come and watch, something going on in the US".

I was actually still at home -- was late getting ready for work that morning. My pager went off, and it's one of the Security supervisors from work telling me what was going on. I currently live by the Brooklyn Bridge on the Brooklyn -- jumped into my car, managed to get across the Brooklyn Bridge (flashed my hospital ID to NYPD, they let me across), and looked up at the Twin Towers burning as I came across.

The rest, as they say, was history. :salute2:

My wife and I were on vacation @ a timeshare resort in Falmouth, Massachusetts. And we heard the two F-15's taking off from Otis Air Force Base which were sent to intercept the two planes. Our daughter called us and told us to turn on the TV. We watched, in disbelief, the horror show.

I was in Latvia, and it was already evening at 9 o'clock (so it was 1300 in New York by then) As soon as we saw it, we called my Mom and she said that she was alright, and that Chicago,was ok.

I was having my morning coffee, sitting outside on the porch but looking in at the TV as well. What I was thinking about was that Molly was on her way out West to visit her sister and her flight out of Logan was about to be on its way. I didn't remember her flight number but I did know it was a cross-country flight leaving the same approximate time as Flight 11.

For four long hours I thought I'd lost her forever. When she was finally able to get a call in to me all I could feel at the time was the most profound sense of relief in my life. So for me 9/11 always conjurs up memories of the most grievous loss replaced with relief and gratitude to God.

It was only later that the day affected me differently and I could feel past my own ordeal. Eventually, of course, it hit me as it did most of you I'm sure. Still later yet I was greatly saddened to have found out that a good friend from my college days had been among the police officers lost at the WTC.

Charge 7 said:
I was having my morning coffee, sitting outside on the porch but looking in at the TV as well. What I was thinking about was that Molly was on her way out West to visit her sister and her flight out of Logan was about to be on its way. I didn't remember her flight number but I did know it was a cross-country flight leaving the same approximate time as Flight 11.

For four long hours I thought I'd lost her forever. When she was finally able to get a call in to me all I could feel at the time was the most profound sense of relief in my life. So for me 9/11 always conjurs up memories of the most grievous loss replaced with relief and gratitude to God.

It was only later that the day affected me differently and I could feel past my own ordeal. Eventually, of course, it hit me as it did most of you I'm sure. Still later yet I was greatly saddened to have found out that a good friend from my college days had been among the police officers lost at the WTC.

For four hours man that's a loong time. It must have been horrible. Makes me think that same relief you felt remained unknown to thousands of families.

my mother rang me at 3 in the morning, told me to turn on BBC, as i was still half awake i didn't beleive it.

then as it dawned on my that it was real, i called (and woke up) pretty much everyone i knew...

then i had to go to work, not alot got done as my office gathered around 14 inch TV's. i was working in a radio station at the time and i remember that all local stations stopped playing any music, just news...stations offering to pay for overseas calls to loved ones etc.

i'll never forget the struggle it was to try and carry on working with such horrific images on the tv.

Kia Kaha

On behalf of many many Iranians, I would say that we share the same sentiments as you do.

And we are sorry for such a terrible incident.

:salute:

ir-flag1.gif

6ce9c72e.gif

iran.gif

UnitedWeStand.jpg

sign.jpg

A condolence book sits in front of U.S and Swiss flags in Switzerland's embassy which is in the U.S interests section in Tehran, Iran, Sunday, Sept. 16, 2001, to pay tribute to the victims of Tuesday's terrorist attacks in the U.S. (as the US has no embassy in Iran)

iran.jpg

Iranian citizens hold candles,on Sep 18th. 2001, in memory of victims of the terrorist attacks of 9/11 in NYC and Washington DC, in downtown Tehran.
The crowd shouted "death to terrorists".

I was at work installing cable internet service. Stopped by a house to help a co-worker. He told me someone bombed the WTC. I said bullsh**. Myself, him, and the customer sat glued to the customers TV for an hour.

This is another day in US history that will live in infamy.
(Yes I paraphrased and altered that quote)

I was sitting in the driver's seat of a 2000 Freightliner Century Class with a 53 foot van trailer filled with beer waiting to deliver to a beverage distribution center in Stocton, CA. My CB radio started squawking from the other drivers in line listening to news radio stations. I never did get my load delivered that day. The distribution center literally shut down, and everyone there, including us drivers, were stuffed in their little breakroom watching the events unfold on an old Magnavox TV.

Now I'm going to drive trucks for the Army. Maybe my journey to where I am now started on 11 Sept. 2001.
flag.gif

Me, My Mum and Dad were watching the West Wing, when they interupted the show with a news broadcast.

I stayed up all night to watch it, but I felt so helpless watching it. It was terrible.

I was in Military and I was on my Off Day and had a very bad headache.

I saw the footage on TV screen in a grocery store and was shocked.

I almost forgot my headache and got back to Air Base and stayed up so late watching news. (it was in the afternoon my time when it happened) and I couldn't believe what I was watching. It was horrible!

I loved those twin towers! SIGH!

phoenix_aim54 said:
UnitedWeStand.jpg

sign.jpg

A condolence book sits in front of U.S and Swiss flags in Switzerland's embassy which is in the U.S interests section in Tehran, Iran, Sunday, Sept. 16, 2001, to pay tribute to the victims of Tuesday's terrorist attacks in the U.S. (as the US has no embassy in Iran)

iran.jpg

Iranian citizens hold candles,on Sep 18th. 2001, in memory of victims of the terrorist attacks of 9/11 in NYC and Washington DC, in downtown Tehran.
The crowd shouted "death to terrorists".

Thank you very much for that post, Phoenix. A fine reminder for many of us here I'm sure.

i was working at MEPS processing a 17 year old boy into the military, preparing his paperwork on where money goes when he dies. then we were called out to the main room and watched in tv. i'll tell you this, though, every one of those kids' cells lit up, and everyone of them said "mom, i'm still joining, this is why i'm joining". i broke down into tears because of what they were offering up.

just a little article on the recruits that enlisted at that time:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...ay/911recruitstheyenlistedwhenusawasunderfire

Back