37 Percenters




 
--
Boots
 
May 7th, 2015  
tetvet
 

Topic: 37 Percenters


37 % OF Voters would vote for Hillary even if she was in jail that's 67% for the GOP to fight over but if you subtract minorities from the 67% that would leave 40% of voters to fight over what all this means is that a white male doesn't stand a chance .
May 8th, 2015  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
37 % OF Voters would vote for Hillary even if she was in jail that's 67% for the GOP to fight over but if you subtract minorities from the 67% that would leave 40% of voters to fight over what all this means is that a white male doesn't stand a chance .
But to be fair 37% of voters would also vote Republican even if they ran a chimp for president, each of the main parties has its 30ish percent of hardcore voters who will back it no matter what which indicates that it is the 30-40% of non-aligned voters that decide elections.

Hence the fact that like chess to win elections you must control the center something that the Republicans have completely ignored for 3 elections.
May 8th, 2015  
tetvet
 
The GOP represents the conservatives and playing up to minorities you take away the conservative approach because minorities want the merry go round to continue to go around , 18 trillion means nothing to a minority 18 zillion in debt would mean less .
--
Boots
May 8th, 2015  
MontyB
 
 
Well get used to Democratic presidents then because unless the majority of the American people lurch to the right side of the political spectrum the Republicans are giving up both the center and the left.
June 25th, 2015  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Well get used to Democratic presidents then because unless the majority of the American people lurch to the right side of the political spectrum the Republicans are giving up both the center and the left.
Not the majority, the vast majority. The GOP is increasingly limiting itself to White, Male, over 60, wealthy, heterosexual, WASPS (with a few Catholics and Jews here and there).

That's about it. Makes for a very small pool of potential voters to appeal to as he himself admitted.

TETVET little rant was complaining about the fact the GOP is having a tougher and tougher time attracting new voters but he prefers to blame Hillary and Minorities without once asking himself if the reason nobody is jumping on the conservative bandwagon is simply because the product they are selling is crap.

It might very well explain why its President Obama and not President McCain or Romney in the White House.
June 25th, 2015  
dadsgirl
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
Not the majority, the vast majority. The GOP is increasingly limiting itself to White, Male, over 60, wealthy, heterosexual, WASPS (with a few Catholics and Jews here and there).

That's about it. Makes for a very small pool of potential voters to appeal to as he himself admitted.

TETVET little rant was complaining about the fact the GOP is having a tougher and tougher time attracting new voters but he prefers to blame Hillary and Minorities without once asking himself if the reason nobody is jumping on the conservative bandwagon is simply because the product they are selling is crap.

It might very well explain why its President Obama and not President McCain or Romney in the White House.
Mmarsh,
You forgot to mention certain Southerners.
June 26th, 2015  
mmarsh
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsgirl
Mmarsh,
You forgot to mention certain Southerners.
You know, I am not even sure that's true anymore. Certainly in the Bible belt but everywhere else...things are changing.

You have states like North Carolina that voted Democrat for the first time in Decades (Obama and local elections), you have other states like Florida that vote either way (but vote increasingly Blue on the National Level) and you've got states like Texas, if the shifting demographics continue will be full blue states within a decade or two.

If the GOP loses Texas, its all over. They will be regulated to minority party indefinitely.
June 26th, 2015  
dadsgirl
 
 
I live in Florida. The Place where folks enjoy being called Crackers. Down south alot of Tri- state area people live so usually alotta blue there.
We STILL have egghead for a governor.
June 27th, 2015  
lljadw
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
You know, I am not even sure that's true anymore. Certainly in the Bible belt but everywhere else...things are changing.

You have states like North Carolina that voted Democrat for the first time in Decades (Obama and local elections), you have other states like Florida that vote either way (but vote increasingly Blue on the National Level) and you've got states like Texas, if the shifting demographics continue will be full blue states within a decade or two.

If the GOP loses Texas, its all over. They will be regulated to minority party indefinitely.

And that's the reason why the GOP is dominating Congress ?
June 29th, 2015  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lljadw
And that's the reason why the GOP is dominating Congress ?
Well to be honest I am not sure that means much as if American swing voters are like New Zealands they tend to vote people they are sick of out of office rather than vote in people.

Most of our governments last 3-4 terms, they are voted in to replace a government that we have grown tired of, the second election they increase their majority, the third election they start to go down hill and the fourth they are replaced and the cycle is repeated.

Most people that are not party followers are that way because they are disillusioned with politics in general so they chop and change as the political climate changes.

I for example have always voted National (center right) as the government because I tend to support their policies but I have also always voted for my local Labour (center left) candidate because locally they have always been the best one for the job.
(We have MMP systems based on the German system).
 


Similar Topics
72 Percenters