300 ---can anyone guess what this movie will be about?

gladius

A movie is in production called--- 300

... as in 300 Spartans!

It is an adaptation from the graphic novel by Frank Miller (Sin City), about the 300 Spartans in the battle of Thermopylae.

The production stuff looks really good so far.
http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/

The fact that its about the 300 Spartans makes me excited already.

I don't know if its going to be completely historically accurate, since it based off the graphic novel not history books. But as long as they stick with the main details, and with the spirit of what that battle represented, then thats good enough for me.

The only bad part its not out till 2007.:(

Like I mentioned its based directly off a graphic novel, so it may have a comic book look to it, similar to Sin City. I don't think thats bad, it should be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odds are I will be able to buy a DVD of it here about two weeks before the premier in the US. :)

Odds are I will be able to buy a DVD of it here about two weeks before the premier in the US.

Oh dont you love blatant copyright violations. God bless the chi-coms. Oh wait there commies they dont beleive in god.

I have movies I bought that have the "Property of Paramount" on them. I have two that have "Advance copy for MMPA screening" on them. This is beyond pirating, its industrial espionage.

FINALLY! Someone would make a movie about the Spartans! God bless the Spartans! Hardcore warriors, ain't they? heh.

Hm...no big names, probably low budget, based on graphic novel work most people have never heard of...should be great! :)

One might even go so far as to say they were a veritable axis of evil... so evil in fact that they were E-VILE.

:)

One might even go so far as to say they were a veritable axis of evil... so evil in fact that they were E-VILE.

They werent really EVILE but I think if you broke it down into good guys and bad guys. The persians were most defintely the bad guys.

I don't think it would be necessary to break it down into black and white terms like that, though. There are war movies that do a pretty good job of showing the war from either perspective without vilifying either one.

This actual battle has come up quite a bit in our English class, and I think the film will be worth seeing.

Some of the most accurate descriptions of how the Spartans (& Greeks) fought was in the book "Gates of Fire".

It talked about how they actually fought in real life, which was nothing close to what you see on the movies. It amazed me to read the how they actually fought and what their fighting style was. It was such an increadible concept, that when I read it, I saw why they were so formidable.

I doubt if this movie will show real Spartan fighting tactics, since it doesn't make for good movie fighting action. But still I can't wait to see the movie. I'm not a real stickler for total accuracy in every detail when it comes to movies, as long as it stays with the spirit of the battle itself, its good enough for me.

Last edited:
I watched a great lil BBC doumentary about this... be nice to see how the movie stacks up... even if the Persians were EVILE.
:)

Wow, finally a movie where 300 Balkan, err Greek, warriors hold back a Muslim invasion. I wonder where Europe would be now if NATO existed back then...

Can't wait to see this movie!:rambo:

phoenix80 said:
I think it is gonna be a biased and stupid movie against the Persians.
Hey come on, it's about events that occured like 2,500 years ago.

Some critics also claimed "Alexander" was depicted as "the last Greek"="the first American" defeating savage middle easterners.:sarc:
GI_JOEJK said:
Wow, finally a movie where 300 Balkan, err Greek, warriors hold back a Muslim invasion.
You're kidding, right.

Last edited:
There is some hope, the cast seems to be all unknowns except for the cool Dominck West. (Jimmy Mcnulty on HBOs "The Wire"). Maybe they'll do a good job?

Back