300 ---can anyone guess what this movie will be about?

Please stay on topic from now on guys, or else we'll have to lock this thread...

Thanks.

Yeah, what's your favorite part of the "300?"

Mine, at the beginning of the battle.

Hmmm...Yea, I liked the beginning too. Id probably say that or near the end...I also loved when Leonidis said "Spartans, what is your profession?!" Thats was great too.

I enjoyed the scene where they went to slow motion and the Spartan was hacking off limbs while they were midair.

It was obviously biased towards the Spartans and any logical person could see this.... Including the Arab guy sitting next to me who enjoyed the movie as much as I did.

I enjoyed the scene where they went to slow motion and the Spartan was hacking off limbs while they were midair.

It was obviously biased towards the Spartans and any logical person could see this.... Including the Arab guy sitting next to me who enjoyed the movie as much as I did.
Hehehe...You liked those rippling abs eh? Hahaha

watched it- was just as i had expected, maybe a little better. weak in many departments, but visually brilliant- want to watch it in IMAX now...

ya, the drunk mexican next to me that was contiuning to drink alcohol during the movie liked it too.

Very good movie if you're just looking for entertainment, ive seen it twice already, and i had to drag my girlfriend to go see it the first time, but she loved it and has seen it 3 times...

the second time i watched it and i wasnt just watching for the entertainment, i got the feeling that there was a political message in it...seemed like it was referencing to the Iraq almost, especially with the recurring saying of "freedom isnt free".

anyone else think that too?

the athenians leaving could be the allied countries that have left Iraq already maybe...:bored:

The people leaving at the end where not Athenians, they were Acadian. The Athenians had exactly 0 troops at the real battle of Thermoplyae, and were not depicted in the movie.

On a side note, has anyone been on youtube and seen the videos by "persianguyagain"? They are very funny, as they attack 300 for being racist against pesians.

Sorry for stirring up an old thread, but I wanted all you guys to see this revision of 300.

http://submedia.tv/stimulator/2008/01/31/300-this-is-revisionism/

My personal reaction after seeing 300 was literally "This was the most stupid movie I've ever seen." Later on it was surpassed by the golden compass.. but yea.

Reasons why I thought it was stupid, I didn't think of all the things that the revision said about it, but the rather there was almost no character development. I also hated the whole hype of the 300 soldiers holding some area for 3 days, woop de do. They had a dream chokepoint to hold. Valleys/ridge/cliff edge/small walkway to get up there. They could have held that place for years, if they had some more supplies and held the valley top. The story was just stupid.... not a movie worth watching.

But hey, thats just my own reaction to it. Watch the revision of 300 to see moral and philosophical aspects of 300 that I and any sane human being would deplore.

The people leaving at the end where not Athenians, they were Acadian. The Athenians had exactly 0 troops at the real battle of Thermoplyae, and were not depicted in the movie.

On a side note, has anyone been on youtube and seen the videos by "persianguyagain"? They are very funny, as they attack 300 for being racist against pesians.

Acadian is the old world for Greek. If you have read the Illiid Homer refers to the Greeks as the Acadians. Greece was called Acadia.

Historically though you are right. There was no Athenian troops at Thermopylae. They did have auxiliary troops from other Greek cities but not from Athens.

Back